openHAB2 and EnOcean binding

Hello,
I tried to bind the EnOcean add-on with the paper UI but it doesn’t work out. The problem seems to be that the Enocean:
binding-enocean1 - 1.12.0
is based on the old openhab 1 and it seems a binding “driver” for openhab2 or 2.3 is still not available.
I read also the hint of [khangelov] to download org.openhab.binding.enocean-1.9.0.jar but I have no idea where I can download it. The download link in the openhab.org documentation is outdated. Is this file and version still valid for openhab2.3 ?

I’m trying to bind a NodOn temperature & Humidity sensor. An items file I have created but the content I puzzled from the http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/enocean1/readme.html as there no example how to combine it with the humidity.
That’s the log output:
_ 2018-11-13 23:38:14.805 [INFO ] [.enocean.internal.bus.EnoceanBinding] - Connecting to Enocean [serialPort=’/dev/ttyUSB0’ ].
2018-11-13 23:38:14.958 [ERROR] [.internal.config.BindingConfigParser] - Could not set value A5:04:01 to attribute eep in class EnoceanBindingConfig
==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <=_

Thanks & regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan (@stefan311),

did you see that an openHAB2 version of the enocean binding got released a few days ago. This binding also already supports the A5-04-01 EEP and autodiscovery.

Best regards
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel (@fruggy83),
thanks for notification.
I have updated openHabian to latest version (still 2.3.0.1) with ‘sudo openhabian-config’ but I could not see any version change in the Enocean binding, still 1.12.
Could you explain to a novice how to update your suggested version ‘binding-enocean - 2.4.0.SNAPSHOT’ ?

Thanks & best regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan (@stefan311),

I can change from the stable openHAB version (2.3.0.1) to an unstable/Snapshot version with option ‘03’ in openhabian-config. Or you wait until December 17th, then the stable 2.4 version is planned to be released.

Best regards
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel (@fruggy83),
maybe you have a special developer version.
In my installed openHAB version (2.3.0.1) I can change in openhabian-config with option ‘03’ to
“03 | openHAB Stable Install or upgrade to the latest stable release of openHAB 2”

It seems I really have to wait till 17th of December?
Best Regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan (@stefan311),

sorry my fault, I misremembered. You first have to switch with open 40 to a snapshot version of openhab. Later on you are able to upgrade your system with option 02.

Best regards
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel (@fruggy83),
I have managed to update to the latest snapshot from today. :slight_smile: Thanks!
Everything is working now. :grinning:

Best regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan (@stefan311),

glad to hear that it works now for you. As you have withdrawn your last post, I assume that you have also manged your humidity value problems ?

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel (@fruggy83),
yes luckily after renewing the linkage in the things configuration or in the .items file, the humidity values were shown too.
To me it looks like there is a general problem that the paper UI cannot synchronize with the .items file definitions.

Best regards
Stefan