Openhab2 - Can't get Ecobee to work

Openhab2 Version: version":"0.9.0.201703201701
I have the ecobee binding and actions installed.

I moved over my entire setup to a new machine.

Rules no longer work that send actions to ecobee to set holds. Maybe related to this? Any idea what it means?

2017-03-31 20:12:02.993 [INFO ] [b.core.service.AbstractActiveService] - Ecobee Refresh Service has been started
2017-03-31 20:12:02.998 [INFO ] [inding.ecobee.internal.EcobeeBinding] - No Ecobee in-bindings have been found for selection.

Not familiar with this binding, but I have a couple Ecobees that I’ll be installing in the next month or so. So, I’m interested in how this gets resolved. :wink:

That second message would seem to suggest that the binding is not finding any thermostats.

        if (thermostatIdentifiers.isEmpty()) {
            logger.info("No Ecobee in-bindings have been found for selection.");
            return null;
        }

Only two general suggestions from my perspective:

  • Double check the configuration in services/ecobee.cfg

  • Maybe put the binding into debug mode to see if it generates any additional log messages that may be helpful.

@watou Any other suggestions?

The Ecobee action bundle has to be installed and the action calls changed from 1.8 to use strings as first argument. The “no in-bindings” message means there were no < binding configs found in your .Items files.

Action bundle was installed.
There were items in my items files for my thermostat.

In the end what I had to do was:

Delete the application on the ecobee site.
Create a new application.

Uninstall ecobee and action binding
Reinstall
Clear out the java prefs files(i had no idea how to get to them or only wipe out ones associated with this as I’m not very good with linux; so i ran the command watou suggested on the binding page to clear out all the prefs)
Restart openhab
Re-enter the pin on the ecobee site

At that point I was able to send commands to ecobee again