OpenHAB2, EnOcean and NodOn - Bindings

Michael,
Could you tell me what are EEP of your equipment please.
Thanks

A5-38-08 0-10v dimming relay with memory
F6-02-02 rocker switch
A5-07-03 occupancy sensor
D2-40-00 0-10v led dimming relay
if i find more ill let you know.

let me know what other info you need or what i can do for you.

Hi Christophe,

I would wish I had a good answer on this. Actually, it is worse, since a statement like the one Thomasā€™ mentioned means that you cannot even put the code under an open source license, since these require that there is no limitation on the potential use of the codeā€¦
But the question is whether such a statement is applicable. If you write source code and contribute it (and with that signing the developer certificate of origin), you state that you own the copyright on it - all is fine for openHAB to distribute this under the EPL. Therefore there would only be an issue, if you actually cannot claim that you are the copyright holder - possibly because you had to copy something from the EnOcean Aliance or because you used knowledge that you gained under a certain constrained like having signed an NDA with the EnOcean Alliance.

Note that there was some initial work for a new EnOcean binding for ESH started a while ago, but left unfinished. This was based on the OSGi EnOcean Base Driver reference implementation. Using this would in general be nice, because it is an official OSGi specification on which the EnOcean Alliance itself has helped and approved the open source status. It does not comprise any code regarding the EEPs though, so this would have to be build on top.

I hope this gives you some leads, sorry for not having any better advice - but please keep me in the loop, Iā€™ll try to help as good as I can (at least wrt directions and legal clarifications).

Cheers,
Kai

1 Like

Hi Kai, thank you for your clear message. Iā€™ll have a look to the new EnOcean binding for ESH.

Hi all,

Iā€™m also interested in using EnOcean with openHAB 2. So far, I used EnOcean with FHEM. I am using the following components:
EnOcean Pi 868 GPIO module gateway with Raspberry 3
Eltako FT55-rw switch (eep=F6-02-01)
Hoppe SecuSignalFHFS-vw window handle (eep=F6-10-00)

Right now, Iā€™m trying to get the switch running under OH2. However, I am facing some issues where I could need some help. I would highly appreciate, if somebody can please take a look at the following discussion: EnOcean Pi 868 GPIO module gateway Setup with OH2

Thanks a lotā€¦

Hello everybody! Iā€™ve been fiddling with openhab2 and enocean for a while now. In my rented flat they used rollershutter controllers controlled by rockerswitches (both enocean). The rollershutter controller is a rather ā€˜dumbā€™ model so i canā€™t command a position or learn a gateway. I can only learn rockerswitches. So I have to emulate a switch from openhab. That means I have to SEND F6-02-02 rocker switch events. Up to now I was unable to get that working and from what I found so far I got the impression there is no way to SEND these commands. Or did I miss something?

My current workaround idea is to not use the enocean binding at all and write an Python script (I am not a Java person) which talks to the USB300 gateway via serial (I was able to send rocker switch commands with a python library i found) and talk MQTT to openhab. Not a nice solution but the only one I see right now (unless there is a way to SEND enocean rocker switch messages from OH2).

Thanks for your help!

Hi *,
Iā€™m getting suck with the SecuSignal window handle.
What ever I configure, Iā€™m ending up with the ā€œNo converter found ā€¦ doing nothingā€ warning message in the openhab log.
I found some similar comment in the forum, but never a solution for this one.
What Iā€™m doing wrong?

Any help welcome! Thanks

items:
Contact wFensterContact ā€œFenster Stellung -[MAP(fenster.map):%s]- hier123 " (gAuto,gFenster) { enocean=ā€{id=00:22:DD:CB,eep=F6:10:00,parameter=CONTACT_STATE}" }

openhab.log:
[INFO ] [org.opencean.core.ESP3Host ] - RadioPacketRPS[header=[Header: dataLength=07, optionalDataLength=07, packetType=01, crc8h=7A], payload=Payload: data=[F6, C0, 00, 22, DD, CB, 20], optionaldata=[01, FF, FF, FF, FF, 37, 00], crc8d=-64], raw=[55, 00, 00, 07, 01, 6C, 01, FF, FF, FF, FF, 37, 00, 21], [sender=00:22:DD:CB, repeaterCount=0]
[INFO ] [org.opencean.core.eep.WindowHandle ] - Current window handle: 00:22:DD:CB, position: Middle
[INFO ] [org.opencean.core.ESP3Host ] - Received RadioPacket with value Middle
[WARN ] [an.internal.profiles.StandardProfile] - No converter found for EnoceanParameter: {id=ā€œ00:22:DD:CBā€, parameter=ā€œCONTACT_STATEā€} - doing nothing

Hi thereā€¦

For your information

I just got it out to get some actors running.

• Openhabian with OH2.2
  • RaspberryPI 2B Ver1.1
  • EnoceanPI Module

Enocean devices:

Vendor: Nodon

Actor:
Switch: https://nodon.fr/en/nodon/enocean-soft-remote/
EEP: F6-02-02

Sensor:
Enviroment (Ā°C & rH%): https://nodon.fr/en/nodon/enocean-temperature-humidity-sensor/
EEP: A5-04-01

Now i am trying to get a relays running:
https://nodon.fr/en/nodon/enocean-relay-switch-2-channels/
EEP: D2-01-12

ill keep you updated.

cheers

mischa

1 Like

Hi,

im trying to migrate my setup from Homegear to OpenHAB2.
Most things are visible and running.
I got on Xmas some new sensors (Enocean ETHSA, Eltako FHA60) and actors (NodOn MSP-2-1-11).
I got problems with reaching the second NodOn, so i have to enable the repeater-mode.
With pairing via teach-in i got an senderID for both actors near the gateway, (Raspberry PI 3 with a EnOceanPI sitting on an DIN-Rail) but no repeaterMode-channel.
How can i now enable the repeaterMode on these NodOn-Plugs ?
I doing all with .things / .items files.
Maybe @fruggy83 or somebody else can help me ā€¦

Thanks in advance

Oliver

Hi Oliver @sh-olli ,

the RepeaterMode Channel is an advanced one. So you have to click on MORE in the channels overview to find it.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel @fruggy83,

the PaperUI does not show MORE .
This is the definition of the thing :

Thing measurementSwitch eno050A5ACB 
"Treppe Lichterkette" @ "Wohnzimmmer" 
[ enoceanID="050A5ACB", senderIdOffset=1, 
sendingEEPId="D2_01_0E", broadcastMessages=true, 
receivingEEPId="D2_01_0E", suppressRepeating=false,
pollingInterval=300]

And that is shown in UI

!
Best regards Oliver

HI Oliver @sh-olli,

first of all, I forgot to mention in my last post, that you have to use the snapshot version of this binding or the current 2.5.0.1 version from my repo to be able to switch a device which uses EEP D2-01.

I did not implemented a NodOn specific version of the EEP D2-01-0E yet. So you cannot activate the repeater. However you could try to use the D2-01-0F-NodOn EEP, activate the repeater level you want and switch back to D2-01-0E.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel @fruggy83,

in which of your repos can i find the jar and where should i place this jar on openhabian ?
Have I to uninstall the Binding via PaperUI ?

Thanks and best regards
Oliver

Hi Oliver @sh-olli

you find the jar here.
Do the following:

• Uninstall the current binding
  • Stop openhab
  • Put the jar into the addons folder of openhab
  • Start openhab
  • Have fun :wink:

You can use the same config files for this binding, I just kept the old name for the binding (openocean) to distinguish both versions.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel @fruggy83,

i did as you mentioned.
Uninstalled binding via PaperUI and stopped OH.
Downloaded JAR into addons and started OH.
But when i do an bundle:list in karat there are two bindings activ:

264 ā”‚ Active   ā”‚  80 ā”‚ 2.4.0                  ā”‚ EnOcean Binding
265 ā”‚ Active   ā”‚  80 ā”‚ 2.5.0.1                ā”‚ OpenOcean Binding 

Is this ok or have i to bundle:uninstall 264 in console?

Best regards
Oliver

Hi Oliver @sh-olli,

hmā€¦ to be honest, I do not know what this means binding uninstalled but bundle still active. To be on the safe side, I would say, that you should uninstall 264.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel @fruggy83,

bundle:uninstall did it.
But changing the thing to D2_01_0F_NODON did not show more channels in PaperUI.

Any guesses ?

Thanks Oliver

Hi Oliver,

did you set it for sending or receiving? It has to be set on the sending side. Furthermore as I said, you find it under more.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel @fruggy83,

i only changed the thing-file and restarted OH.
Now i also changed the things EEP via PaperUI and i got the MORE-Button.

Thanks for your help and nice Sunday

Oliver