OpenHAB2 exec absolutely does not work

That’s actually a very good idea!
I’ll try this as well.

Just to note that the Exec 1.x binding is available if you enable legacy add-ons.

The Exec 2.0 binding has been reworked to take into account a lot of your demands

K

2 Likes

Hello kgoderis,
Thanks for your effort to improve the exec binding further. I’ve seen your PR and really like the improvements. Unfortunately the PR waits for merge since beginning of March. Do see any chance for merging your commit into the snapshot branch? I would like to test the customized channel definition.

Thanks
haberry

Hello @Kai
are there any news regarding the PR #2012? Reading through the conversation it looks like it could be merged for further community testing.

Thanks in advance
Stephan

Hello,
I’m new to this forum and I was looking for a way to use the exec binding with a python script (https://github.com/toke/pyconnair) triggering a connair to control a dimmable light. After some experimenting (also based on this Thread) I now came up with a script to match the values comming from the hue emulation (0-100) to “on”/“off”.

#/bin/sh
if [ $1 -gt 0 ]
then
para="on"
else
para="off"
fi
python /volume1/SmartHome/openHAB2/custom/tx433.py --ip 192.168.1.41 N 1 $para
echo $para

The Thing was created in PaperUI.
Command:/volume1/SmartHome/openHAB2/custom/connair.sh %2$s
Interval:0
Autorun:true

The Input channel was set to „String“ and I used habadmin to tag the channel as „Switchable“.
My Harmony remote can now be used to turn the light on/off. Even the dimming is supported(since mapped to an additional „on“ request by the script).