Openhab2 Modbus Error: Unsatisfied Requirements

Thank you for reading my message! I’m trying to install the Modbus add-on on my old Openhab installation, I know that I need to upgrade but at the moment I don’t have the time to do that and I would like to add this binding.

Thank you in advance!

Openhab 2.4.0.M5 Milestone Build

-From the UI, I got the following message:
Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.modbus /2.4.0.M5

-From the CLI I did try the following with the 2.4 version and 2.5 but the same result.

openhab> bundle:install https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.modbus/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.modbus-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
Bundle ID: 232
openhab> bundle:diag 232
Modbus Binding (232)
--------------------
Unsatisfied Requirements:
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jdt.annotation)"; resolution:="optional"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.modbus)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.modbus.handler)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.modbus.discovery)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus.endpoint)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus.json)"
Declarative Services

You might read this

1 Like

Thanks you for the reply. I figured out that I can no longer install it from the GUI. However, if I’m not mistaking the org.openhab.binding.modbus-2.5.0 should work on this instance of Openhab?

And I see that that user is installing a 1.x binding. This one is to old for me to use.

It might work on your pre-release 2.4, might not. There are changes between releases, of course.

1 Like

Fully agree! And indeed I’m running on an old version but I still hope to fo find someone who can tell me what extra I need to install in order to sole the errors.

You need to install the add-ons Kar file mentioned in linked postings.

Thank you for the post! I did follow the link and downloaded the package directly to the folder however I still got the same error:

Maybe I just need to upgrade… new Hardware New openhab :slight_smile:

:/usr/share/openhab2/addons$ ls
README  openhab-addons-2.4.0.kar  openhab-addons-legacy-2.5.12.kar  org.openhab.binding.evohome-2.4.0.jar

Error:

2022-09-22 21:22:20.952 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-modbus, openhab-binding-smaenergymeter': Error:

Resource mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.smaenergymeter/2.4.0.M5 does not contain a manifest