OpenHab2 Rules

Thanks i just tried this. I will know by tomorrow if it works :slight_smile:

No luck. I got the same result.

Any other ideas ?

mapdb is showing up as default in the UI, and i have configured the mapdb.persist, as i described in the earlier post.

Some simple rules worked well for me until I updated my Raspberry/openhab2 last week via sudo apt-get update and upgrade. I lost my habpanel settings and rules in Paper UI are not working anymore. Any idea what went wrong?

You need to provide more details if you need help:

Post one of your “simple” rules which are not working anymore
From what build number to what build number did you upgrade?

This is important because there were some breaking changes in the last weeks which could all be related to your problems:

https://community.openhab.org/c/openhab-2/news-important-changes

So you should check if:
Your bindings are still installed
Your things are still there (because of change of mapdb to jsondb)
and a lot of more things.
What are the error outputs of your openhab.log?
Did you already switch to debug mode? If yes, what are the outputs of your openhab.log?

I seem to have solved it. The rules were gone. When I added them again, I named them e.g. “Lights on”. Seems rule names don’t allow spaces. “Lights_on” works.

After the update I also needed to add the z-wave binding again. The serial port for the USB-stick was gone. For several things, the item links were gone.

However, the different “Panel configurations” (not local storage) in habpanel are gone. I wonder were they are saved and if they could be loaded again. But maybe they were just overwritten/deleted through the update.

Agree, same problem here. (But actually just for cron rules)

1 Like