- Platform information:
- Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 * OS: Raspbian Stretch
- Java Runtime Environment: Arm 32bit JDK on Linux (for Armv8/v7/v6 Hard Float ABI)
- openHAB version: 2.4.0 stable
- Issue of the topic: unable to start openHab service.
after installing (*steps done are below) openHab, everthing was ok without any error, we start the openHab service, it show Ok, we check for the status, it shows:
pi@RasPi:~ $ **sudo /etc/init.d/openhab2 status** ● openhab2.service - openHAB 2 - empowering the smart home Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openhab2.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled) Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2019-01-05 09:57:35 GMT; 4s ago Docs: https://www.openhab.org/docs/ https://community.openhab.org Process: 3098 ExecStop=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf stop (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE) Process: 3082 ExecStart=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf $OPENHAB_STARTMODE (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE) Main PID: 3082 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE) Jan 05 09:57:35 RasPi systemd: openhab2.service: Unit entered failed state. Jan 05 09:57:35 RasPi systemd: openhab2.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
we continue to check for the log however the log file wasn’t in the defined location.
pi@RasPi:~ $ **sudo openhab-cli showlogs** tail: cannot open '/var/log/openhab2/*.log' for reading: No such file or directory tail: no files remaining pi@RasPi:~ $
when we use the command to Start again, it shows:
pi@RasPi:~ $ **sudo openhab-cli start** A systemd service configuration exists... Use 'sudo /bin/systemctl start openhab2.service' to start an openHAB service Launching an instance in this terminal.. Launching the openHAB runtime... **java command not found**
so the java was installed before
I also check the line:
pi@RasPi:~ $ java -version openjdk version "1.8.0_192" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 220.127.116.11-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_192-b134) OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu 18.104.22.168-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.192-b134, mixed mode, Evaluation) pi@RasPi:~ $
could you please help to on this issue :-s
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences: