openHAB2 start screen leaves empty, although everything seemed correct

I’ve a working z-wave network (tested with axial server) with the Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 and two device for testing (Everspring Temperature / Humidity Detector and Aeotec Smart Switch). Both were showing data and it was possible to switch on/off the switch, like it should. :smile:

Now I went to my Synology NAS (DS ds416play). I was installing Java and openHAB2. After installing Z-Wave Binding inside openHAB2, I was going to creating the recommended folders and user groups for user openhab2. Now, the system seems running okay. :thumbsup:

Sadly, there was no temperature show nor a working switch, because the device were unknown :frowning:

By search for help I found that 2.0.was not good enough for the Z-Stick Gen5. I uninstalled openHAB2 and reinstalled 2.1. :sunglasses:

But now the openHAB2 start screen leaves empty and white (and no openHAB2 user was created).

So, now I’m crying and have no Idea, because I think I was so near to finishing. :cry:

I don’t use the synology package, so I am not aware of the exact folders structure…
Try to clear all contents from $OPENHAB_USERDATA/tmp & $OPENHAB_USERDATA/cache to see if this will help
don’t remove the directories themselves… just delete all stuff within them (stop OH 2.1 first, delete, then start)

Thank you very much for your response. I am happy about any kind of approach to this problem.

But, I am reassured that I am not the only one. Dan_Nielsen seems to have a very similar problem: Install OpenHAB2 on Synology - Blanck

I was searching for such folders. But I did not find any. These are all findings with openhab:

./run/synoservice/service/pkgctl-openHAB2.cfg
./sys/fs/cgroup/memory/pkgctl-openHAB2
./sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct/pkgctl-openHAB2
./tmp/hsperfdata_openhab2
./usr/syno/etc/packages/openHAB2
./usr/syno/etc/synoservice.d/pkgctl-openHAB2.cfg
./usr/syno/etc/synoservice.override/pkgctl-openHAB2.cfg
./usr/share/init/pkgctl-openHAB2.conf
./volume1/@appstore/openHAB2
./volume1/public/OpenHAB2
./var/log/upstart/pkgctl-openHAB2.log
./var/packages/openHAB2

BTW: I was trying die reach my start url by using others browsers.
They reported that no connection was possible to this side, instead of a empty screen.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I have tried the points, but unfortunately without effect. Maybe I’ll wait up to an impeccably working version of Synology NAS. In the meantime, Domoticz is working perfectly for me.