Openhab3 create slider with number thing

i will create a slider with a number thing, i have a lightbulb and the brightness value is from 0-254.

Thing topic osram_e27_multicolor_livingroom "OSRAM E27 Wohnzimmer" {
		Channels:
        	Type switch : power "Power" [ stateTopic="zigbee2mqtt/osram_e27_multicolor_livingroom/state", commandTopic="zigbee2mqtt/osram_e27_multicolor_livingroom/set/", on="ON", off="OFF" ]
        	Type color  : color "Color" [stateTopic="zigbee2mqtt/osram_e27_multicolor_livingroom/color-hsb", commandTopic="zigbee2mqtt/osram_e27_multicolor_livingroom/color-hsb/", formatBeforePublish="{\"color\":{\"hsb\": \"%s, %s, %s\"}}" ]
			Type number : brightness "Dimmen" 	[ stateTopic="zigbee2mqtt/osram_e27_multicolor_livingroom/brightness", commandTopic="zigbee2mqtt/osram_e27_multicolor_livingroom/set/brightness", min=0, max=254, step=1]
   }

when i create it with category slider, i get no slider in the gui, ii only see the value

when i create it with type dimmer, i can only use the slider until 100, after that no value will be send

You’ll have to define a custom card and configure that to be how you want it. Click on “Add Metadata”, select “Custom card widget” and create a Slider widget. What ever you configure there will be used at the top of the Item’s page and elsewhere where the default card widget is used for that Item.

i cant find the custome card widget :confused:

It’s the “Default Standalone Widget”

Don’t be afraid to click on stuff and try it out.

1 Like

It looks like you have the correct widget and just needed to adjust the max value to 255

Correct, because after 100 it stops sending a value

You need to tell the widget what the max is.

It looks like a bug or unsupported feature when you set the Category to slider.

In your second pick in the model window select add metadata and change the default widget.

1 Like

Only for information, this is only working if the thing is created as an number.
When it is created as dimmer, I can add in metadate the min and max value, but than the value 255 will be send at the 100, and the slider goes to 255, but the max value is at the point 100 of the slider