Openhab4 M1 - earlybird?

@rlkoshak , as always - my hero.

Can it be that M2 suddenly is more sensitive than M1…dont think that there will be any major changes.

Looking at the bootup:

2023-04-19 19:06:38.863 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model 'smartlock.items' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [4,30]: mismatched input '"lock-closed"' expecting RULE_ID

2023-04-19 19:06:38.865 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'zwave.items'
2023-04-19 19:06:39.040 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'zigbee.items'
2023-04-19 19:06:39.159 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'victron.items'
2023-04-19 19:06:39.211 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'miac.items'
2023-04-19 19:06:39.234 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'default.items'
2023-04-19 19:06:39.252 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model 'default.items' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [27,41]: mismatched input '"router"' expecting RULE_ID
[86,69]: mismatched input '"time"' expecting RULE_ID

it seems there are two issues with apostrophes

the first issue looks like this:

Switch LockON "NG5 Lock []" <"lock-closed"> (SmartLOCK) { channel="mqtt:topic:mosquitto:smartlock:LockON" }

the second

Switch RTonline_Switch "Router Online" <"router"> (Misc)

honestly i do not remember why i used the “” for icons, …i remember it had a reason. :slight_smile:

Not a safe assumption. OH 4 is a chance for breaking changes. There can be huge changes from one snapshot to the next right now. Just as an example, OH M1 eliminated JS as a transform, using SCRIPT instead. As of M2, JS is back and SCRIPT is gone.

RULE_ID? Your .items files are in the items folder and not rules, right?

If so, report this on the milestone thread. openHAB 4.0 Milestone discussion - #194 by Andrew_Rowe

@rlkoshak
thanks, the items are of course in a .items file

Did you see the specific .items file above…i removed the " " and now at least the default items file works again…

But any idea why it was useful to have <" "> and now its not required or makes problems with M2.

In the items folder is the key point. For some reason it’s looking for a RULE_ID when loading the .items file which makes no sense.

As far as I know it was never officially supported to have quotes for the icon field. It’s definitely redundant. But M2 has some new changes to support more icon sources than just those built into OH itself (material, f7, iconify) and there was probably some changes or tightening of the parser as part of that. The relevant PRs (listed in the release notes) are Extend sitemap syntax for icon by lolodomo · Pull Request #3378 · openhab/openhab-core · GitHub and Extend item syntax for category/icon by lolodomo · Pull Request #3539 · openhab/openhab-core · GitHub

1 Like

The changes for the extra icon sources dropped supporting double quotes around the icon name, but did introduce supporting - (dash) in the icon name (some icon sets have this). That is probably why you needed double quotes before. That was an undocumented feature I believe, and assumed not to be used much. It simplified things by dropping it.