Openhabcloud baseURL directs to "localhost:8080", despite remote host config (PaperUI and file based)

I am not a little stymied…
I am rebuilding OH2 on a VM (4 cores, 8 gig; as I am also running Code remotely on this; OH2.5.1-2). All is going smoothly, except when I am getting to the openhabcloud connector.
I have configured it through PaperUI and alternatively also through the corresponding cfg file in the service. I would like to expose 5 items, but from the log files OH2 tries only to connect to a base URL that is for a local install (which does not exist).
Here my log-entry after cleaning cache and restarting OH2:

2020-01-26 07:45:09.241 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Connected to the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = XXXX[masked]XXXX, base URL = http://localhost:8080)

However, here my openhabcloud.cfg:

############################## openHAB Cloud Connector #############################
baseURL=https://myopenhab.org/
mode=remote
expose=All_lights,Livingroom_Lights, Downstairs_Lights, Bedroom_lights, gWardrobe

Same config is in PaperUI (I first attempted the configuration through PaperUI, and then through file-based approach; same result though)
You will see that I simply explicitly defined the baseURL, with which what should be the default URL; yet the logs repeat that openhabcloudconnector attempts to connect to localhost

Finally, as one might surmise, no items are exposed in myopenhab.org

Could not find too much on the forum…and I am not sure where to go from here to further troubleshoot this. Any and all thoughts are appreciated

1 Like

That functionality has been turned off since people were exposing all their items, crashing the server. The best alternative is to set up a personal cloud server.

1 Like

Oh shoot…Right, I read that and totally forgot…thanks @Bruce_Osborne

1 Like

Sorry I did not answer your original question though… :wink:

Funny thing is, I figured out in the meanwhile that it connects anyway…seems that only the logging message is erroneous.

1 Like

So what is the alternative for using ifttt?

Set up your own cloud server using the free code.
The Foundation cannot charge for service and does not have the resources to expand.