Openhabcloud with multiple interfaces

My openHAB box has a public interface so I bind openhab to the private interface 10.88.64.4:8080, this works fine with NGINX running on port 80 with the public IP. However I want to play with myopenhab but I noticed it tries to talk to localhost:8080

I see there is a baseURL, but that looks like it is for the cloud, not the local instance. How can I tell openhabcloud to use 10.88.64.4:8080?

I don’t think that is possible. The binding is configured to only talk to the OH REST API on localhost.

I would recommend filing an issue on https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/io/org.openhab.io.openhabcloud/lib to add that as an option. It seems like an important capability to me.

Of course there are all sorts of other ways you can configure this to sidestep the issue:

• run OH on a separate machine
  • run OH in Docker which will let the cloud connector addon to talk to OH on localhost inside the Docker container and then configure the networking to only be available on your 10.88.64.4 interface
  • run OH on a VM and otherwise use the same approach as Docker
  • configure the firewall on the host to allow cloud connector to talk to OH but nothing else (I’m not really certain how/if this is actually possible)

These are not intended to mean I don’t think you should be able to set the address cloud connector uses, it’s just to give you some alternatives.

Thanks, ended up just editing org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg and adding localhost to listening.addresses:

org.ops4j.pax.web.listening.addresses = localhost,10.88.64.4

Sure, take the easy way out. :wink: Glad you got it working. :smiley: