Openhabian 2.2 Initial Setup Configuration file

• Platform information: RaspberryPi 3
  • openHAB version: 2.2

Hello,

This will be my second attempt at setting up Openhabian. In my original installation I was trying talk to a Sonoff Basic with ESPeasy flashed on it by way of the Mosquitto Add-on in Openhabian.

I believe I made errors in the modifications to the config files and although I made changes, those changes where over-ridden for the initial incorrect config. I have read at least a couple of postings of similar occurrences. I could talk to the Sonoff by way of the IP and browser and I could see the Sonoff in Openhabian, but I could not get the two to talk to each other.

I installed MQTTfx and connected fine to Mosquitto. So that that left me thinking I just have a configuration problem between Openhabian and Mosquitto.

So I am starting with a fresh install of Openhabian. Once it has completed the install, any help on what should be in changed in the configuration file(s) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Thank you very much for the link! After starting with a fresh install of Openhabian 2.2 and following the guide you pointed out I have it working. It didn’t at first, but I followed the troubleshooting portion of the guide as well.

I had been reading and searching for a solution for days, so thanks for help.

Rick