Openhabian 2.4x and 3.0 versions

Hello everyone,
I’ve RPI 4 , 64bit.

In the past I’ve worked with 2.4 versions and it got burn and I bought new one, and after alot of research I figure out that I cant find that version any more. (2.4)

I’ve installed 2.5 but it’s not working with my stuff (a git that I need to use , etc).

I’ve also installed 3.0 and really tried to work with it (models, pages) I just can’t used to it.
The panel and the way you build stuff just to complicated to me (As someone that always script).

I’ve tried to work with it, see tutorials and anything that will help, I just want the old way, VS Code, (Rules.sitemap,items) that I script them by my self.
So lets go to the main point.

*Is there any chanse I can get Openhabian 2.4.0-1, or any other version below?
*Does someone know how to work with 3.0 like 2.4+2.5 users used to ? (vs code , basic ui, rules, etc)?
*If I have RPI 4 , what you think the recommanded way to build . with SD Card or on the RPI OS ?

Thank for anyone that can help even a bit.

There never has been an openhabian version 2.4.x.
You most probably refer to openhab 2.4. This is not available via central resources. 2.5.12 is the version that officially can be downloaded.

you still can use rules etc. via files. Via other apps ( top right ) you can access the basic UI.
For VS code I do not have experience but as far as I understand that also works.

Unfortunately when the Bintray service shut down we lost the hosting for versions prior to 2.5.12.

Exactly the same as before. There are a few minor breaking changes in .rules files but beyond that it’s exactly the same. You don’t have to use the UI nor any other feature new to OH 3.

It depends on your experience with Linux. If you don’t have a lot of experience I’d recommend openHABian. It also makes it easier to help you because we can make assumptions about how the system is set up.

1 Like

It is still possible to create a new 2.4.0 installation with Docker. :slight_smile:

All the old Docker images are still available on Docker Hub. To be able to install add-ons you can download openhab-addons-2.4.0.kar and openhab-addons-legacy-2.4.0.kar from Maven Central and add those to the /openhab/addons directory.

If you’re not into Docker, you can also create a “manual setup” by unpacking openhab-2.4.0.zip or openhab-2.4.0.tar.gz.

2 Likes