openHABian hassle-free openHAB Setup

Can’t get amanda to work. Always getting the following message on ‘amcheck openhab-dir’

slot 1: Error checking directory /mnt/sda1/slots/drive0/data/: No such file or directory
 volume ''
Taper scan algorithm did not find an acceptable volume.
    (expecting a new volume)

If i create drive0 Folder and run ‘amcheck openhab-dir’ again it tells me that drive1 is missing and so on.
Can someone help me?

USB is mounted as followed:

UUID=XXXX-XXXX  /mnt/sda1       vfat    uid=0,gid=34,umask=007,noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=60,defaults,users   0   2

By default, amanda.conf has lines tpchanger "chg-disk:storage/slots" and tapecycle 15 tapes
Amanda setup creates directories storage/slots/slot[1..15] and data always is a link to the current slot.
But your dirname doesn’t match that pattern, so it seems you have modified something.
I’d guess you didn’t have the USB mount when you executed Amanda setup so those dirs weren’t created.
You can rerun the setup or create them manually (up to slot15).
If that doesn’t help, look into debug logs such as /var/log/amanda/server//amcheck*

Thanks for your reply. Slot directories are beeing created, but not more. No drive folders. And no data link. Will check log files tomorrow.

There shouldn’t be any “…/driveX…” part in the storage directory names, that’s something you must have added to the config. Remove it back again.
To continue, open a separate thread, and please understand that we cannot support all sorts of non-openHABian Amanda configs, the right place to find support for that would be the Amanda Wiki and mailinglist.

1 Like

Sorry for asking, but i’m trying to use hassle free openhabian-config. Never changed configs manually. Tried several times again with the configuration tool.
Maybe i have to change something in the configs to get it to work more hassle free. Thank you for trying to help. I will try to figure it out by myself. :v:

alright, backup on old system and restore on new system worked fine…
still having trouble with my serial device… will report back =)

1 Like

Hello @ThomDietrich,
started with a fresh installation of 2.1.0 stable today and after restoring my conf and userdata files I switched over to 2.2.0 (Build #967) using openhabian-config. But no openhab won’t come up anymore.
The last entries in openhab.log are:

2017-07-02 01:15:16.933 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started dashboard at http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
2017-07-02 01:15:16.941 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started dashboard at https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8443

And both urls are showing

Please stand by while UIs are being installed. This can take several minutes. 

… since 15 minutes and nothing happens. Did a restart and a reboot, but without any result.

No clue… My best bet would be restarting. You could try clearing out cache and tmp, that’s the hammer method. If you can’t solve this, please open a new thread.

Didn’t have enough time to fiddle about and went back to 2.1.0

Some body can help me? I´m new in this of openhab.
I´m doing a new installation in a rapi 3, but at time that I need to select the UI mode, it never finish the installation. the error in the log file is this:

Hi Just installed the openhabian (openhab2.1.0 release build) on RP3.
Ran configuration as suggested in: https://www.mksmarthouse.com/config-files-and-interface
Have created ‘/etc/openhab2/sitemaps/home.sitemap’, set ‘home’ as ‘default sitemaps’ in Basic and Classic.
Changed ownership of all files in /etc/openhab2 to openhab:openhab.
When I enter Basic UI I get ‘It seems like you have not defined any sitemaps yet’, and can’t see any of my frames (they are not empty :-)) in any UI.
I am new to openhab, so maybe I missed something -
I can find my HUE controller and see network nodes.
Any ideas ??

Is the name of your sitemap home within the file itself?

sitemap home label="whatever"
{
       Frame label="Demo"
       {
               Switch item=DEMOSW
       }
}

Hi and thx for your reply.
My home.sitemap content:
sitemap home label=“AAdyssegaard”
{
Frame label=“Demo”
{
Switch item=DEMOSW
}
Frame label=“Koekken”
{
Switch item=DEMOSW
}
Frame Label=“Stuen”
{
Switch item=DEMOSW
}
Frame Label=“Sovevaerelse”
{
Switch item=DEMOSW
}
}

You have a capital “L” which should be a small case “l” in Label for your last two frames.

Wow, didn’t know it was so case sensitive. It did the trick, works now, thx a lot.
I’ll see if I can find documentation explaining file content syntax.
links are welcome, or suggestion to ‘must read’.

The openHAB docs are always a good place to start, the maintainer of openHABian, @ThomDietrich also does a great job of keeping it up-to-date along with contributors :wink: :

Hi all,
With this new openhabian version i decided to try openhabian again. With a clean installation, no upgrade from an older openhab install. (did an backup as described in the docs)
Unfortunately i have a problem with Z-Wave. My Z-Wave Serial Controller remains offline.
Looking for the cause, i found that the /dev/ttyAMA0 does not have the right access rights.

[18:37:25] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ ll /dev/ttyAMA0
crw--w---- 1 root tty 204, 64 Jul  5 13:50 /dev/ttyAMA0

Performing the command:

[18:41:13] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ sudo chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0
[18:41:31] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$

does not change anything?!
With the normal hand installation of openhab 2.2.x this does work well.
Does anyone has an idee what causes this behaviour of a sudo command?
I thougt the user openhabian was default added to de sudoers…

Mayby i am overlooking something…

Thx for taking your time to point me in the right direction, i’ll look into it :wink:

Hey @deltabert :wave: did you execute the “Serial Port” menu entry, then restart the system?

Thanks Thom for pointing me on this. I think i was doing things from the command prompt while with openhasbian i should do everything from the openhabian-config menu.
At the moment i even can’t reach openhab on port 8080 anymore. Decided to start al over again.