openHABian, Java 11

I’m missing something here. Attempting to do a ‘clean’ raspi install with the following sequence…
Download and flash openhabian
Start and log in via ssh (openhabian:openhabian)
Install java 11 ( sudo apt-get install openjdk-11-jdk)
Install openhab3

See the following at the end of the install …
WARNING: We were unable to detect Java 11 on your system. This is needed before openHAB can be started

Where did my brain go awry?

why don’t you select it after flashing in the openhabian.conf file on your flashed image ? You can set Zulu11-32 or something.
Or set it through openhabian-conf ?

That you don’t need to do, openHABian installs Java 11. Didn’t you read the docs ?

1 Like

Interestingly enough - yes I did. Then, when the 3.0 install failed I assumed I had misread/misunderstood and re-ran it with the install openjdk step in there.

Either way I get this error message
[openHAB] WARNING: We were unable to detect Java 11 on your system. This is needed before openHAB can be started.
[openHAB] Please install the current version of Java 11 or check the openHAB documentation for details.

[Edit] Is there a 3.0 openhabian and that’s where I’m going wrong by trying to upgrade from 2.5?

There is neither a 2.5 nor a 3.0 openHABian. The current version is 1.6.1.

openHABian can permit you to run openHAB 2.5, 3.0-SHAPSHOT, or 3.0M5. There is not yet an openHAB 3.0 released.

And there’s the pointer that I needed. Thank you. I was approaching that all wrong.