Openhabian log files not written after update

Hello, I updated openhabian to snapshot openHAB 2.2.0~20171011224825-1 (Build #1060) yesterday using the openhabian-config.
Everythings works fine I thought, but the log files events.log and openhab.log are not written anymore.
What can I do?
Thanks

1 Like

copied the default and rebooted, now I have logfiles again :smile:

1 Like

Hello, i have the same Problem, but i don*t understand how i get the log files back?

I Tried like this, but it looks wrong!?

[23:51:46] root@openHABianPi:/# $OPENHAB_USERDATA/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg
bash: /var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg: Permission denied
[23:51:50] root@openHABianPi:/# /var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg
bash: /var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg: Permission denied

Please can you help me?

Grab the default file from here:

and copy it to the location of your openHAB installation, overwriting the existing one.

I don’t know what you are trying to do with those commands, but if you are not familiar with linux bash commands you can open the .cfg file with your favorite editor, replace the content with the correct one and save it back.

2 Likes

Thanks! It seems that now it is working!

1 Like

All thanks, used the source file from the GIThub source and that fixed the standard logging.

However I had edited my log file to log Nikobus binding info and that still isn’t working.

This is the section of the logfile not working

I tried changing the log4j in every line to log4j2 as seems to be the case in the rest of the source file but that didn’t help.

Anyone that is knowledgeable enough to see what changed from old logging setup to new one and how I need to change below lines ?

# nikobus logger
log4j.logger.org.openhab.binding.nikobus = TRACE, nikobus, osgi:*
log4j.additivity.org.openhab.binding.nikobus = false

# File appender - nikobus.log
log4j.appender.nikobus=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.nikobus.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.nikobus.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%-26.26c{1}] - %m%n
log4j.appender.nikobus.file=${openhab.logdir}/nikobus.log
log4j.appender.nikobus.append=true
log4j.appender.nikobus.maxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.nikobus.maxBackupIndex=10
log4j.logger.com.beowulfe.hap = WARN

A link to a sample config how to do that was already posted three month ago in this thread :sunglasses: