[openhabian] Problems with Downgrade (and restoring the backup)

Dear Community,

As it seems I am doomed :slight_smile: I was using openhabian 1.6.1. for upgrading to OH3. It was not working so I decided to downgrade again. Afterwards, I saw some messages, that it did not work out as expected. Anyway, now I am trying to get OH 2.5.x running again with my backup. Unfortunately, this did not work either. Here are the logs:

$ systemctl restart openhab2.service
OK
OK
2020-12-30_16:22:12_CET [openHABian] Migrating Amanda config... OK
2020-12-30_16:22:12_CET [openHABian] Migrating Samba and mount units...
$ systemctl stop smbd nmbd
Failed to stop smbd.service: Unit smbd.service not loaded.
Failed to stop nmbd.service: Unit nmbd.service not loaded.
FAILED (stop samba)
2020-12-30_16:22:38_CET [openHABian] Beginning restoration of openHAB backup... OK
2020-12-30_16:22:49_CET [openHABian] Restoring openHAB backup...
$ systemctl stop openhab2.service
$ openhab-cli restore /var/lib/openhab2/backups/openhab2-backup-20_10_19-21_41_31.zip
/usr/bin/openhab-cli: 220: /usr/bin/openhab-cli: /bin/restore: not found
FAILED (restore)
2020-12-30_16:24:02_CET [openHABian] We hope you got what you came for! See you again soon ;

For me it seems, that the location of the backup was not correct or the files could not be moved appropriately - what do you think and what are the next steps to solve that issue?

Best regards,
Jochen

What is the output of

dpkg -l "openhab*"

in case openhab2 is installed you should see something like:

ii  openhab2                                2.5.10-1                 all                      openhab2
ii  openhab2-addons                         2.5.10-1                 all                      openhab2-addons

depeinding on the minor release that you installed.
In case OH3 is still installed you should see package names openhab, openhab-addons instead.
In case instead of ii rc is being shown just the config files are a leftover and the binaries are not installed.

1 Like

Do you have the file /etc/profile.d/openhab2.sh?

If not then the reinstallation needs to restore missing files:

sudo apt install --reinstall -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confmiss" openhab2
1 Like

Yeeha - back in business - Thanks!

1 Like