openHABian setup fails due to ipv6

Markus, thanks for the info. Where can I find the image. I only can find the image of august last year.

click the link I provided

So I tried openhabian-pi-raspios32-202006110634-gitd8a86f7-crcebb68d07.img. But still Ensuring network connectivity failed. I guess there might be something wrong with the router. But unsure what this would be.
I will see if I can find some testing software, which can test all functionality of the router.
But it remains very strange that I can use the /etc/network/interfaces and make it work. So that does not make any sense to me.

Well, I managed to start the image as is and get lan connection. How? I just connected the RPi by a 2 meter cat 5 cable to the router/switch. And it had no problems starting up. I could connect to it. After that I moved the RPi again to the spot I always use (connected through a switch which is connected to the router by a 25 meter cat 5 cable). And it still worked. Appearantly there are some (timing/signal?) issues when initializing the network at the end of a long cable. It is not the switch, because I already tried it without the switch before. Thing is at the same switch I have connected my game PC which works perfectly. Also at this switch the pihole/openvpn Rpi and the motioneye Rpi are connected. Both working well (ok with the /etc/network/interfaces setup like I mentioned before)

Eerie. 25m should not make a difference. But thanks for letting us know.
Thing I take away is it was a HW issue and unrelated to openHABian.

Thank you for this discussion guys!
I had exactly the same problem when installing openHABian on a new RPi4 with a LAN connection. ā€œEnsuring network connectivity ā€¦ FAILEDā€ and had no clue about the problem behind this.
BUT the RPi was connected to a switch and not directly to the router. So after reading your conversation I changed the setup, connected the RPi to the router and started the openHABian installation again. And: It worked without any problems!

No idea why this works but I donā€™t think it is a hardware issue here. My router is an AVM FritzBox 7490 and I use a Xyxel Switch which runs almost every LAN-connected device in my house. Everything works fine except the openHABian installation with the RPi4.

However, the approach to avoid the switch in this setup was the gamechanger for me. Thanks again!

FWIW, that was just fixed in Debian master.