Openhabian - switching z-wave to 2.1.0 snapshot binding

New openhabian user. I’m trying to switch a 2.1.0 snapshot build that I created.

To make a database tweak, I downloaded and then build zwave using:
mvn compile
mvn deploy

That produced target/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Uncertain of the right way to move openhabian to use my new binding. So far I tried:

1. disabling 2.0.0 from PaperUI.
  2. putting that jar into /usr/share/openhab2/addons
  3. rebooting

Despite all of that, I still see only 2.0.0 in my paperui bindings page.

Been search all day for an answer, any help would be appreciated!

Are you shure aboute jar location?
What I can see is that my addions are in “/var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-2.0.0/org/openhab/binding”. To be precise, zwave addon is in “/var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-2.0.0/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.0.0/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.0.0.jar”

Maybe you should try:

mkdir /var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-2.0.0/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.1.0/
cp /usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar /var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-2.0.0/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.1.0/

and…

systemctl restart openhab2
1 Like

To find out the currently active zwave binding:

202 | Active | 80 | 2.1.0.201701292153 | ZWave Binding

1 Like

Thanks for the help!

I powered up and saw:
193 | Installed | 80 | 2.1.0.201702041756 | ZWave Binding

I uninstalled the 2.0 binding, activated 2.1 and I think I’m in business.
193 | Active | 80 | 2.1.0.201702041756 | ZWave Binding

I don’t think my database change took effect, but it seems like I can now get my own builds out there and keep troubleshooting. I really appreciate the assistance.

Paper UI does not show versions (or any other info) of manually installed bindings. You can check their versions from the console (like you did)

1 Like

That’s great to know. I appreciate it.

Based on all of that feedback, I’m 100% functional on the z-wave snapshot!

2 Likes

Hi,

I uninstalled the 2.0 binding, activated 2.1 and I think I’m in business.

How have you activated 2.1. There is new binding on my list with status installed but I don’t know how to change to activated.

My question is related with this problem Strange behaviour of Fibaro Flood Sensor with Razberry and OpenHabian

I think I’ve found answer in http://docs.openhab.org/administration/bundles.html