OPENWEATHERMAP - Can't retreive weather data: Invalid API key. Please see http://openweathermap.org/faq#error401 for more info

Hi,

I`m displaying few weather items, without any forecast but surprisingly getting this error 401 in log file.

2019-03-23 19:32:20.230 [ERROR] [nal.provider.AbstractWeatherProvider] - OPENWEATHERMAP[home]: Can't retreive weather data: Invalid API key. Please see http://openweathermap.org/faq#error401 for more info.

Error in log file is sending me to provider website and website suggest there could be API key issue but my API is valid. Not really sure why is complaining as I get the requested data all the time without any problems.
Any ideas folks?

My sitemap:

Text item=Condition {
		Frame {
		        Text item=Weather_Humidity Text item=Weather_Pressure
			Text item=Condition
		        Text item=Wind_Speed
		       	Text item=ObservationTime
                        Text item=Weather_LastUpdate visibility=[Weather_LastUpdate>30] valuecolor=[Weather_LastUpdate>120="orange", Weather_LastUpdate>300="red"]
		}
    }	

My items:

String Condition                "Condition [%s]"   <sun_clouds>  {weather="locationId=home, type=condition, property=text"}
Number Wind_Speed               "Wind Speed [%.2f km/h]" <wind>   {weather="locationId=home, type=wind, property=speed"}
DateTime ObservationTime        "Observation [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]"  <time> {weather="locationId=home, type=condition, property=observationTime"}
Number Weather_Chart_Period	"Chart Period"
DateTime Weather_LastUpdate	"Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]" <my_lastweatherupdate> {weather="locationId=home, type=condition, property=lastUpdate"}

They seem to have changed their plans. Daily-interval forecasts are not included in the free plan and longer. They only provide 3h-interval forecasts.

Ok. How should You amend my sitemap and items to achieve this 3 hrs forecast ?

No idea. I was busy with some build issues in the last days. Maybe I‘ll find time to have a look next week

One still can use the basic FreePlan items, only the forecast stuff requires a (paid) key.

One can ignore the API-error message in relation to forecast (multiple daily/intervals), as this is caused by code behavior. As long the API key is valid, the actual state (FreePlan) is returned.
I’ve made a pull request to solve the code behavior.

There is a new binding specifically for OWM, with documentation… OpenWeatherMap - Bindings | openHAB. Here’s a Jython script that will create all of the items for you, with a rule that shifts the 3h forecasts around in groups that aggregate the daily forecasts.