OpenWeatherMap Extension - Support for UV Index API

Thank you Peter, you make me discover something new about OH structure and capabilities
And I got it

Please, can you update the download reference?

Hi @Brignoud,

Thanks for the he reminder. The feature has been merged and is part of the last milestone build (OH 2.5.0 M1). Have a look at the official documentation for an example.

Thanks for replying, this is my actual release of OH indeed
Only I thought this way to be able to upgrade the bindin to the latest staging release
I see a reference to Jenkins, can I addresse myself over there?
In general, system provided binding are they dynamically upgraded or not?

There is a way to use newer binding versions with an older realease. But unfortunately that is not working very well at the moment. The bindings will be updated every time you upgrade your OH2 setup. You cannot subscribe to Jenkins. Only to GitHub where our source codes are hosted.

1 Like

Hi Christoph,

thanks a lot for the OpenWeatherMap binding, which I have installed and set up in the last days. Since I think there is an inconsistency with the example uvindex.scale transformation I’m replying to this older thread, as it is the most prominent when searching for OpenWeatherMap UV index, with your initial instructions.

Since #uvindex gets returned as a float Number and UV index reporting rounds up, much the same as when you display the #uvindex item with %d in the sitemap, shouldn’t the uvindex.scale be

[..2.5[=Low
[2.5..5.5[=Moderate
[5.5..7.5[=High
[7.5..10.5[=Very high
[10.5..]=Extreme

or with individual steps, as I have implemented myself

[0..0.5[ = 0 - Low
[0.5..1.5[ = 1 - Low
[1.5..2.5[ = 2 - Low
[2.5..3.5[ = 3 - Moderate
[3.5..4.5[ = 4 - Moderate
[4.5..5.5[ = 5 - Moderate
[5.5..6.5[ = 6 - High
[6.5..7.5[ = 7 - High
[7.5..8.5[ = 8 - Very High
[8.5..9.5[ = 9 - Very High
[9.5..10.5[ = 10 - Very High
[10.5..] = 11+ - Extreme

This the gets consistent UV index values as when displaying the item with %d, and will also make it equal with the UV index being displayed on the OpenWeatherMap website.

Many thanks again for a very enjoyable binding.