OpenWeatherMap widget for HABPanel

Or maybe you did not set it right.

" Configure the Thing: Local weather and forecast set Hours to 96 and days to 1 (to get forecast with free API key)"

And I suggest to set days to 0 … with 1 i get Status: UNKNOWN

These items with high number doesn’t contain any values.
Just throwed them in a sitemap, it seems that it only does only 1 day of forecast:

How does your settings for Local weather and forecast looks like?
Did you change the forecast hours to 96?

I have tried to migrate from WU to OWM today while implementing this great widget at the same time.
The item all appear in Paper UI and I can also display them on Habpanel using dummy widgets.
However, after installing this widget following the instructions (including the items as required) I get this result:

As you can see in this snippet the binding returns values:

Any suggestions?

You have to check if Items like “Weather_OWM_ xxxxxxxx” are displaying any values

Hi Andreas,
here’s a sample:

which shows as:

So there is no issue with the values…

Hi Bastiaan,

Thanks for your excellent work!
I think, I have followed all your instructions but I have some issues with time settings.
As you can see in the next graph of the widget, i have add time after weekday.
Weather data is given at Sun 20H, Mon 2H, Mon 8H, Wen 17H and Wen 17H again.
What am I doning wrong? I expected weather data at Sun 20H, Sun 23H (3 hours later), Mon 12H, Tue, 12H and Wen 12H.
Maybe you can help me in pointing me in the right direction.

Hey Torquejunkie,

Did you figure out the permission problem? I have finally installed the widget and I have it working for the most part, but can’t get the icons from the images directory to show up. Any hints would be appreciated.

Running on openhabian on RP3+.

Hi Jacques,

I ran OH2 on a Synology ds418. You can not access the OS of the DS418 by using a Browser.

I installed a tool on my Windows PC that allows to connect to DS418 by SSH and Root permission.

Then you are able to set the needed permission directly on the OpenWeatherMap folders…

Then it should Work

Br Torquejunkie

Hello everyone,

I am still quite new to openhab and quite amazed about the possibilities. Obviously the drawback is that it is also quite complicated :wink: Anyway, thanks a lot for this widget, it’s awesome! I got it implemented without problems except for the two little images for wind speed and humidity.

Openhabianpi is running on a PI 3 B+ and I am using another PI 3 B+ with a 7" screen for showing the HABPanel (Raspbian with Chromium Browser). The thing is that I can see the widget with ANY other device properly, including the two images (Laptop, Smartphone, Tablet). Just the other Pi will not show the images. It also does not work if I type the path manually. The permissions on the images are changed so that everyone has read and execute rights.

Does anybody have any idea where to look further to solve this?

I’m new to OpenHAB and currently finding my way through PaperUI.
Is there any way to configure the item the way you’re doing with PaperUI?

I don’t seem to get this managed.

Hi,

Awesome app. Although I am experiencing the same problem as @Kai_Mahnke but only with my (old) iPad 3.
On pc, phone, new iPad etc everything works flawless.
@bastiaan_van_h can you look into this?

@Joost.van.Liempt I had the same issue on my old iPad mini. I solved it with a custom widget. see Habpanel on iPad iOS 9.5

Thanks. This helped me.
Now all is working, except the forecast to next day 12.00.
But that is to overcome.

Hey @bastiaan_van_h,

Thanks a lot for the work you’re putting into this :slight_smile:
I have a question which bugs me now for a couple of days and I’m not moving forward:
How can I change the time of day that is shown?
At the Moment, the widget shows the forecast for 11:00am daily (using openweathermap.org).

I’d love to change this to 1pm or 2pm - I already tried checking all timezones, having a look in the documentation, etc etc.

(the 3-hour forecast time 8am, 6-hour 11am, and so forth - not sure if that’s correct either.)

I’d be grateful for any pointers!

Kind regards,
Georg

1 Like

I do not understand this as well. At least I shall have no two Mondays. Did you solve problem on your side?

Hello Bastiaan,
any news on Beta? Having forecast to noon next day makes sense. If we are lucky we see double weekdays what is confusing…
Thanks for great widget!

Jacek

I will look into it, but as summer started I do not have much time to code.

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me.
I got everything working for this great widget, except for 2 issues:

1. The icons are not show
  2. The condition language is in english (should be Dutch)

I have already searched this page for hours and done changing and testing… Can’t get it ok. I have the weather-icons-master folder in the correct place, checked the names in the widget code they are the same as in the .items file, but they just don’t seem to get loaded.

Hoping for some help!

Would also like to change the time to one later in the afternoon, around 1pm or 2pm. Is it possible already?
I suppose the reason why the widget displays 11am instead of 12am is because I´m at GMT +1?

Great job with the widget @bastiaan_van_h !