OpenWeatherMap widget for HABPanel

OMG
Thanks
some have one, some have two items linked …

Those extra Items were auto-created for you due to having Simple Mode turned on. You’ll now need to delete all of them. :slightly_frowning_face: There is a Karaf console command to remove all Items, which does not effect unmanaged Items, but you might be using some of the other auto-created ones.

Unless @5iver knows something I don’t (and that’s not too hard to do) that shouldn’t be a problem. If you look at my screenshot above, I have two on some of mine also.

Are you seeing weather data on the widget now?

I was just suggesting to delete them. With Simple Mode turned on, it will create ~700 Items, which would not be used if the Items are recreated in an Items file. I should have said want instead of need. :wink:

No good junking up the system. Just seems like a lot of work to delete them and I’m lazy.
:grin:

I found my issue…I am an idiot…AND a PC user for the most part.

I downloaded the widget file and owm-controller java script files by using “Save Target As” in Windows. What this did was place the html header on top of the saved files. Instead of downloading them independently, I used the files inside the zip file. Things are mostly working now.

I do have a small issue with 2 and 3 day forecasts not showing. I am not sure and am researching this now.

Thanks for the help everyone! See screen shot below:

Good job working that out!

I had this problem and the fix is easy. Make sure that you’ve created a link for those days when you set up the Local Weather thing. See my discussion above with @Homer-Sim for some help.

1 Like

No, widget does not show something.
If I want to unlink/delete the entries with simple mode I am receiving an Error 405 Method not allowed?

Now I copied again ( I am using wget) the js file but again the error shown last time

Do I have to download and save json file additionally? This is what I did not due to binding installation
If so should it be placed in addons?

I think you have to turn off Simple mode. I had that 405 error too but I don’t remember how I fixed it. I think it was Simple mode.

It is already off
or should I say it was already off

Oh, okay. Humm. Maybe restart OpenHAB?

I am already did.
What I tried in addition:

• deleted the thing weather information
  • readded it, iteams are again appearing automtically
  • only some are activated (these which are in the items file)
  • downloaded js and json file; deleted again.
  • always reloaded web page first and the restarted openhab container

still no error message in log to find. can I set somewhere lof level for this binding to debug?

I thought you probably did. I had that 404 error also and asked about it. Let me look through the message board and see if I can find what I was told.

I do not get the right forecast for the next 4 days.
I had once 2 x Friday and 2x Sunday an none for Saturday, now i get 2x Saturday …

I’ll bet you have some forecasts linked to the same channel. Go back and take a look at them and make sure they are linked correctly.

I think it`s because of the 12:00h (midday) forecast.
Now it is ok … later i will probably get 2x sunday or something else

now it ist 7:28 PM local time and i get 2x sunday (sonntag)

I deleted the todays forecast because i think displaying actual weather is enough.

Now it looks like this:

Edit:

The “Day Format” in the widget config does not have any effect, so i changed it in the code and added time to be displayed so i know the forecast time.

1 Like

Hi,

great app. I’ve just a small issue. I@m missing just two icons in todays weather. I updated all files to the latest version but still the same Problem, I compared all known files but couldn@t find the fault…

Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance

Did you checked the right folder/files structure?