OpenWebNet binding & OH 2.4 upgrade

Hi All,
I’m running OWN binding beta8 with OH2.3 on a raspberry PI and I’m trying to upgrade to OH2.4 (which I need to solve a couple of issues).

After upgrading to OH 2.4.0 (stable), the OWN doesn’t work anymore and I get the following error in the installation of the binding:

2018-12-22 10:55:36.235 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.4.0-b8.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.openwebnet [233]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component.annotations; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.jupnp.model.meta
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
2018-12-22 10:55:36.255 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.4.0-b8.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.openwebnet [233]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component.annotations; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.jupnp.model.meta
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

I already have tried:

• upgrade java to latest version, it is 1.8.0_191 now.
  • install the beta9 version of OWN

what am I missing?
thanks.
ciao

Enter the karaf console with:

ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost

From these two commands:

feature:install openhab-transport-serial
feature:install esh-io-transport-upnp

After:

logout
sudo reboot

Hi,
i’ve run in the same problem.
My solution was:

1. stop OH2
  2. clear the complete directory /var/lib/openhab2/tmp
  3. clear the complete directory /var/lib/openhab2/cache
  4. restart OH2

All things worked.

this solved. Shame on me, I didn’t think this is like a new installation of OWN and not an upgrade.
Thank you!