[openWebNet/BTicino] openHAB3

thanks Massi. can you tell me where to write on github? I searched but couldn’t find where to add the request. Can you post me the correct link?
Meanwhile, on OH2.5 I don’t understand why it’s been two weeks since the cloud sometimes sees my account offline (yet the seecret and UUID are correct). And today he is making strange gestures to me telling me that the map is not loaded or that it is not there, but if I enter the cloud from the web then I will find it. Do you know if there are ongoing problems on the iOS App?

I alreaedy did in my previous post above:

I have read on the community there have been some instability problems with the OH cloud. You can find some info for example in this thread.

Regarding the map: I cannot help as I do not use the iOS App.

Also let’s keep the discussion here about the openwebnet binding: for other issues use other threads in the community.

Hi,
I know that the auto function in thermo regulation doesn’t work but I have a problem also in normal mode.
If I set the item setpointTemperature the zone doesn’t start. Why?
With OH 2.5 it runs well.
P.S. I have a 99 zone central

Thanks

it’s necessary to have some logs using DEBUG level, from when you change the setpointTemperature

Hi Massimo,
here the log. But it seems nothing happens

this is the item configuration

thanks!

What is your thing configuration of the thermo zone?
Did you explicitly set the standAlone parameter to false (it defaults to true)? If you have a central unit, you need to set it to false.

like so:

Thing bus_thermo_zone LivingRoom_Thermostat “Living Room Thermostat” [where=“3”, standAlone=false]

at the end I added the feature request on github:

Thank you very much! I didn’t know where to start :slight_smile:

For testing I’m always available, I’m still officially using version 2.5, but I already have a raspberry 4 running with the new release.

Have a good evening!

Thanks for the response.
I didn’t know needed set a parameter.
After set the parameter the problem remain yet.

The log show only this string:

@ins90 can you post here your Thing configuration?
(either from text file or -if you use only the UI- the thing configuration page in the UI)

Thanks Massi,
here is the configuration:

@Ins90 can you change in the Configuration of yout thermo zone 1 Thing the OpenWebNet Address (where) parameter:
1#1 to → 1
this is the issue causing setpointTemperature not to work.
(There is an error in the Thing discovery, setting this parameter to a wrong valure. An issue has been opened to address this).

Not a negative post about an issue or something but something positive you guys might like that can be done with this great binding and because Thermo functions are in focus at the moment.

Grafana heat maps are a nice way to show at a glance a lot of data
eg
Below are my heating actuator states and the corresponding heat map for each of the thermo zones. The heat map shows how far from the target temperature each zone is. As you can see by the blue shaded zones the corresponding heating actuator is ON (black bar). The target temperature is the combined program/scenario temperature and the local offset. ie the target changes depending on the time of day.

To generate this type of chart you need a rule to convert the actuator string type to a number or switch type. I was thinking it might be an enhancement for the binding to have a channel that was the delta between the target and the measured temperature… Good idea?

1 Like

Thanks massi, now everything works well! Finally :slight_smile:

Good morning,

I am new to openHAB, having just installed it and integrated it with our BTicino automation system, mainly to control lights and shutters. So first, thanks to the developers here for the great work!

In my first tests I run into one issue: it seems the ON/OFF status of lights in openHAB is not updated when they are switched by general/area/group commands in BTicino.

I have created the things in openHAB from the automatic scan of the binding, and then created light items from the things. If I switch them individually it works, and I can also switch them from openHAB. However, if I use one of our general or area light switches to turn lights off, the status in openHAB is not updated.

Is this a known limitation of the binding, or am I doing something wrong?

It’s a limitation of the binding.
You can file a new feature request here

Understand, thanks!

I created an issue in GitHub for it, hope this was the correct way of doing it?

I have another question/challenge that I’d like to ask for advice on here.

I would like to use openHAB to integrate our BTicino system with a few wireless plugs from Shelly. The goal is to be able to switch those plugs both from openHAB and from BTicino. The challenge now is how to implement this on the side of the BTicino system and the binding to openHAB, without there being a real physical actuator on the BTicino side.

My first idea was to use an A/PL address in BTicino, same as for all other devices, but without an actuator that actually has this address. However, it seems the openHAB binding does not really react well to this kind of setup.

I have created a thing with the A/PL address in openHAB and then an item for that thing. If I switch only in BTicino it works fine and updates the status of the item in openHAB correctly. However, if I start switching in openHAB it does not work as expected.

First thing I noticed, switching the item to ON in openHAB does not generate an OWN message. This by itself would not be a big problem, because there is no device to be switched in BTicino anyway.

However, then, if after switching the item ON in openHAB I switch it to OFF in BTicino, there is an OWN message, but the binding does not seem to process it, the status in openHAB remains ON. Only if then I switch in BTicino to ON and then OFF again it seems the two get in sync again and also the item in openHAB is set to OFF. This is a problem, because it prevents me from properly switching the device from both worlds.

So, my first question is, is the binding somehow relying on the state of the physical actuator, or how can this be explained? If I run the same tests on a device with an actuator in BTicino everything works as expected.

And my second larger question is, how would you recommend implementing this, i.e. a link between a BTicino wall switch and a light controlled by openHAB? In a way that I can switch the light both from the BTicino switch and openHAB?

Control Shelly Plug with BTicino Switch

create a rule in openhab for a proxy item that can be controlled from a switch in the bticino binding towards a Shelly plug binding

To create a rule in OpenHAB to control a Shelly plug using a switch in the BTicino binding, you will need to do the following:

1. First, set up the BTicino binding in OpenHAB and discover the switch that you want to use to control the Shelly plug.
  2. Next, set up the Shelly binding in OpenHAB and discover the Shelly plug that you want to control.
  3. Once you have both the switch and the Shelly plug set up in OpenHAB, you can create a proxy item in OpenHAB to represent the state of the Shelly plug. To do this, you will need to create a new item in your OpenHAB configuration file (e.g. items/myitems.items) with a type of Switch and a name that you choose (e.g. ShellyPlugProxy).
  4. Now, you can create a rule in OpenHAB to control the Shelly plug using the BTicino switch and the proxy item. To do this, you will need to create a new rule file in your OpenHAB configuration (e.g. rules/myrules.rules) and add the following code:
rule "Control Shelly Plug with BTicino Switch"
when
  Item BTicinoSwitch changed
then
  if (BTicinoSwitch.state == ON) {
    ShellyPlug.sendCommand(ON)
    ShellyPlugProxy.postUpdate(ON)
  } else {
    ShellyPlug.sendCommand(OFF)
    ShellyPlugProxy.postUpdate(OFF)
  }
end

This rule will listen for changes to the state of the BTicino switch, and when it changes, it will send the corresponding command (ON or OFF) to the Shelly plug and update the state of the proxy item to match.

You can then use the proxy item in your OpenHAB user interface or in other rules as you would any other item.

Hi Viorel, thanks for your response!

This is already where I am struggling - how to setup the switch in BTicino that shall control the Shelly plug? If I use an A/PL address that is not tied to a physical actuator, I run into the problems with the openHAB binding I described in my previous post.

Do you have an idea how I could solve those issues?

One thing I notice is that setting up a BTicino thing with an area address (e.g. WHERE=7) works, I can create a switch item for that, and if I switch that item, it generates OWN messages and the BTicino system reacts correctly. But if I use a full A/PL address (e.g. WHERE=0710) that does not have an actuator, no OWN messages are generated by the openHAB binding.