[OpenWebNet] Support for central units in thermoregulation

This release introduces support for central unit (tested with 99 zones 3550 while coding).

It is a pre-release of the official binding:

Changelog

• [x] manual setting of a zone to T temperature (with persistence in central unit)
  • [ ] manual setting of central unit to T temperature (all zones)
  • [ ] set the central unit in OFF mode (all zones)
  • [ ] set central unit in thermal protection (all zones)
  • [ ] set central unit in antifreeze mode (all zones)
  • [ ] weekly program activation command (all zones)
  • [ ] scenario activation command (all zones)

Thing configuration

In order to be managed by the central unit you must set the standAlone flag to false for each zone like in the following example:

bus_thermo_zone     TZ_Zone_1       "Living room" [ where="1", standAlone="false"]
bus_thermo_zone     TZ_Zone_2       "Bathroom"    [ where="2", standAlone="false"]

or directly from the OpenHab dashboard:
dashboard

Version 3.2 ALPHA 1

• initial support for central units

Resources

3.2 ALPHA 1 .jar

1 Like

Hello Andrea,
I have installed today de new release.
i can now manage the temperature of each Thermo_Zone.
in the Sitemap, i have created the following line:
Setpoint item=ThermoZoneBureau_SetpointTemperature label=“Setpoint [%.1f °C]” step=0.5 minValue=15 maxValue=30
then i can modify the setpoint in the sitemap.
in the UI, i cant’ modify the setpoint.
Thank you very much for this functionality.

Is support for heating valves going to be added? At the moment my item updates only on restart.

@aconte80 Could you please clarify what this entry is about?

Afaik, @massi is the official owner of the binding, so if there is some alpha version of it in progress, he is the only one eligible to publish it through the marketplace.
Any other enhancements of it should go the natural collaborative way through a PR on Github.

Please see our marketplace rules for details. Thanks!

@kai I personally suggested @aconte80 to publish a beta on Marketplace to ease testing of BTicino Thermo Central Units, a feature requested by many.
Indeed @aconte80 and I are already collaborating very tightly and he is providing a very important contribution to fully support the Thermo part. So thanks Andrea for the help you are providing! :clap:

I was not aware that I was the only one eligible for publishing on Marketplace, sorry.

Having multiple beta/alpha on Marketplace for an addon in addition to the official version can in fact confuse users…
So few questions, which may be can be clarified in the “Community Marketplace Contributing Rules”:

• in case an official add-on is already present, an entry on Marketplace shall be created only by the code owner of the add-on?
  • in case an official add-on is already present, a beta add-on can be added to the MP only after one (or several) PR with enhancements included in the beta have been submitted?
  • are multiple entries on Marketplace allowed for the same add-on, each offering different additional features that are still work in progress ? (for example one beta add-on for Thermo, one for Alarm)
  • instead, if only one “beta” add-on is allowed in the MP, how to deal when a PR (that was part of the beta) is accepted in the main repo, but other new features included in the beta have not been merged yet?

I think the Marketplace is a very powerful way to speedup development, so coordination with official add-ons and PRs should be clearly regulated.

Thanks for the clarification @massi, glad to hear that you’re successfully collaborating with @aconte80 on it (kudos to him as well)!

Yes, we have to find a good balance for the marketplace between offering new things for testing (while making sure that they find their way into the official add-on) and not confusing users with too many entries.

Let me try to give my interpretation of the marketplace rules:

an entry on Marketplace shall be created only by the code owner of the add-on?

Ideally yes. If the (or one of the) code owner(s) approves the entry, I’d say this is fine as well.

in case an official add-on is already present, a beta add-on can be added to the MP only after one (or several) PR with enhancements included in the beta have been submitted?

Yes, in such a case, an existing PR is required. It can be marked as work-in-progress, so there is no need that it is already finished and ready for review.

are multiple entries on Marketplace allowed for the same add-on

Yes, if there are different PRs for those as well, that should be possible. The code owner(s) will have to deal with the fact that all need to be merged together one day, so naturally, there won’t be too many different branches being under active development, I guess.

Ok that makes sense, thanks for the clarifications.

As code owner of the binding I’ll try to make sure we’ll follow these indications while using the Marketplace.
In this specific case what is missing then for this MP entry is a [WIP] PR. @acone80 can you create such a PR , that can evolve while you add new features to the Thermo part?

1 Like