[OpenWebNet] Thermoregulation support in openHAB3 ready for testing

Hello everybody.
I have a 99 zone control unit (BTI-3550) with 10 thermostats (HS4692) and as Gateway MH201.
with OH 2.5 it recognized all functions; with OH 3.1 it perfectly recognizes only the temperature in the room (temperature) and the set temperature (setpointTemperature). but I’m only working on it in the evening and I hope to discover other functions. thank you all.

I have 3.1.0~S2426-1 installed but it does not recognize bus_thermo_zone. I still need bus_tehrmostat.
If I change the things lines it simply ignores the zones.
EDIT: Resolved. I had to define the new channel link in administration page after changing the things file.

(unknown)
Invalid Link
openwebnet:bus_thermostat:mhs1:Thermgiorno:temperature

Temperature
Term. giorno
openwebnet:bus_thermo_zone:mhs1:Thermgiorno:temperature (Number:Temperature)

As said previously initial Thermo support has been merged in OH 3.1 official.
So if you want to help and test with your 4-zone system, be sure to use the official OH 3.1 with the official binding (or 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT is also good for testing)

TY, the 3.2.0 snapshot is ok for my working configuration. Now I’m going to starting to test the 4-zone device, but I cannot configure it. It seems to be broken after being detached from bus. I must read if there is some kind of reset.

Hello everybody,
first of all let me thank you for your great work!
I’m starting testing the 3.2.0.202107070358 version with 14 sensors, a 99-zones control unit (3550) and a MH202 gateway. Also in my case, all the temperature and the setpointTemperature values are correctly managed. Just as a note, I noticed that if I set the system to OFF, the setpointTemperature values point to the last manual values set for the sensors or for the overall system. Is this the intended behavior? Maybe when the system is set to OFF the setpointTemperature values could be set to a different value such as NULL/OFF/N.A., just to remind the there isn’t any target.
Thank you all!

What is the status of this support? I have MH202 and Screen10 plus 99 zone 3550. I also have a remote external wireless BUS temperature probe 3455. This used to work in OH2 but not so far in OH3. My OH3 install is a year old and using the offical binding. I am now ctaching up and plan to work on this now the nights are darker :slight_smile:

M

Since OH3.1 the 99-zone central unit is partially supported (there are some issues that maybe you can help to debug). External sensor is definitely supported.
If you want to help debugging I suggest you install the latest snapshot version, or the latest milestone version if you want a more stable release.

1 Like

This is missing from the instructions

feature:install openhab-core-io-transport-upnp

Without that in the karaf console the binding shows as installed but does not run.
bundle:list -s

Also for openhabian users use the config menu … to update from OH 3.0 to 3.1 I used :
sudo openhabian-config and menu item 1 (main)

Update on my install with 3.1.0 ALPHA 1 >>>
All temperature data is there including external probe 3455 :slight_smile:

2021-11-01 14:00:17.862 [INFO ] [unication.BUSConnector.message.event] - BUS-MON <<<<<<<< *#4*500*15*1*0131*0001##

2021-11-01 14:00:17.864 [DEBUG] [bnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ownIdFromMessage(<*#4*500*15*1*0131*0001##>) --> 4.500

OH3.2 M3
Is this the expected behaviour? Frequently seeing this in the logs:

M

Do you have discovery by activation set to true on the openwebnet bridge configuration? If yes i think this is normal behavior

I am using this jar org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT_cen_v3

For the Thermo valves they seem to need to be set as switch type and not string as stated in the docs

Is that correct?

Hi all, I recently switched to openHAB 3.2.0.M4 from 2.5 but I have some issue with Thermo WHO.

I have a 4/99 Zone central Unit and 4 local thermostates. In OH 2.5 I was using local thermo zone and everything was working fine: e.g. setting a target temp on a zone in sitemap was triggering manual mode and heating was turned on.

In OH 3 the 4 thermo zone detect current temp and previosly set target temp correctly but, I’m unable to turn on heating. Also setting mode to Manual won’t force heating to start.

Tried to set Stand-alone to true or false in the thermo zone thing but nothing changed. Autodisovery is not finding any Thermo Central Unit.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Marco

the thermo central unit is not included yet but the temperature sensors are already. so you can read the temps of the sensors but not regulate.

Thanks for the feedback.
This is intended or what?
Also the 2.5 binding was not supporting the central unit but I was able to regulare from the 4 zones.

Hi guys,
I’ve just published a preview release of the binding with support for central unit. It’s an alpha release, use at your own risk and feedbacks will be appreciated!

More details on openHAB Marketplace:

or on GitHUB:

just installed and tested, great!
for me it seems everything is working as expected: i can change the setpoint-temp now and the changes are also set in the termo-zone. if zone was in mode “automatic” it changes to “manual” as soon as i change the temp.
when i change back to mode “automatic” (actually not possible in openhab) the setpoint temp changes to the temp that is set for the automatic.

Thank you so much for your great work!!!
It seems to me that the binding is working as expected. I can change the setpoint temperatures in “Manual” mode and the binding and the thermo-zone are always aligned (checked with an F454 gateway). When I put a thermo-zone in “Auto” mode from OFF or Protection, the behavior is the one expected: the mode in the binding is changed to “Manual” and the corresponding setpoint temperature is set to the last one associated to the themo-zone (the one associated to the auto mode or manual mode, according to the last configuration of the themo-zone itself). This is the same behavior you can experience using an F454 gateway. The only two comments I have (but actually I don’t know if already covered by the current development, so in case please ignore them) are:

• Thermo-zone in Protection mode: the setpoint temperature in the binding is not updated to 7 degree (see following figures).
  • Thermo-zone in Off mode: the setpoint temperature in the binding is not empty (see following figures).

In both cases the setpoint temperatures continue to point to the last setpoint temperature (manual or auto) associated to the thermo-zone (8 degree in the following figures, “Temp. Soppalco (M)” field).

thermo-zone

thermo-zone3

Seen just now and sounds great… goint to make some test shortly and provide feedback.
Thanks Andrea

Made some testing, few feedbacks hereafter:

• As expeceted manual dependency install from Console to let the binding work (Transport and Upnp)
  • Central Unit not supported warning shown in the logs:

newDiscoveryResult() deviceType=SCS_THERMO_CENTRAL_UNIT is not supported yet (WHERE=w:#0)

• If thermo is Off, setting of Zone Temp is correctly triggering the switch into Manual status, Function to Heating and Thermo is Turned On
  • If thermo is already On, unfortunately setting of Zone status Off is not triggering Thermo switching to Off