OpenWebNet Thermostat (WHO=4) Looking for a working example

Platform information:

Hardware: Raspberry pi 3B+
Java Runtime Environment: openjdk 11.0.6
openHAB version: 2.5.9 Release
OpenWebNet (BTicino/Legrand) Binding installed

Issue of the topic:

Hi all,

I’ve set up my MH200N to handle all the lightning and it works fine.
Now I would like to add my thermostats but I cannot find a working example.
The documentation does not clearly say it supports WHO=4… though I found some examples on this forums, but no luck for me. And by the way there should really be some way to indicate that a topic is outdated. When I’m stuck and look on this forum I always find outdated stuff that point me in the wrong direction :frowning:

Here is my configuration :

BTicino.things :

Bridge openwebnet:bus_gateway:mybridge "MyHOMEServer1" [ host="192.168.0.xxx", passwd="xxx", port=20000, discoveryByActivation=true ] {
bus_on_off_switch        SalleManger_Switch    "Salle à manger"        [ where="15" ]
bus_on_off_switch        Cuisine_Switch        "Cuisine"               [ where="16" ]
bus_on_off_switch        LampeSalon_Switch     "Lampe du salon"        [ where="17" ]
bus_on_off_switch        EvierCuisine_Switch   "Evier cuisine"         [ where="18" ]
bus_on_off_switch        Sonnette_Switch       "Sonnette"              [ where="47" ]
bus_thermostat      LR_thermostat     "Thermostat du Living"  [ where="1"]
}

BTicino.items :

Switch SalleManger_Switch “Salle à manger” { ga=“Switch”, channel=“openwebnet:bus_on_off_switch:mybridge:SalleManger_Switch:switch” }
Switch Cuisine_Switch “Cuisine” { ga=“Switch”, channel=“openwebnet:bus_on_off_switch:mybridge:Cuisine_Switch:switch” }
Switch LampeSalon_Switch “Salon” { ga=“Switch”, channel=“openwebnet:bus_on_off_switch:mybridge:LampeSalon_Switch:switch” }
Switch EvierCuisine_Switch “Evier de la Cuisine” { ga=“Switch”, channel=“openwebnet:bus_on_off_switch:mybridge:EvierCuisine_Switch:switch” }
Switch Sonnette_Switch “Sonnette” { ga=“Switch”, channel=“openwebnet:bus_on_off_switch:mybridge:Sonnette_Switch:switch” }

Group gLR_thermostat “Living Room Thermostat” [ “Thermostat” ]
Number:Temperature iLR_temp “Temperature [%.1f °C]” (gLR_Thermostat) [ “CurrentTemperature” ] { channel=“openwebnet:bus_thermostat:mybridge:LR_thermostat:temperature” }
String iLR_offset “Offset” (gLR_Thermostat) { channel=“openwebnet:bus_thermostat:mybridge:LR_thermostat:localMode” }
Switch iLR_heating “Heating is” (gLR_Thermostat) { channel=“openwebnet:bus_thermostat:mybridge:LR_thermostat:heating” }
Switch iLR_cooling “Cooling is” (gLR_Thermostat) { channel=“openwebnet:bus_thermostat:mybridge:LR_thermostat:cooling” }
Number:Temperature iLR_targetTemp “Target [%.1f °C]” (gLR_Thermostat) { channel=“openwebnet:bus_thermostat:mybridge:LR_thermostat:targetTemperature” }
String iLR_activeMode “Active Mode” (gLR_Thermostat) { channel=“openwebnet:bus_thermostat:mybridge:LR_thermostat:activeMode” }
String iLR_heatCool “HeatingCoolingMode” (gLR_Thermostat) [ “homekit:HeatingCoolingMode” ] { channel=“openwebnet:bus_thermostat:mybridge:LR_thermostat:heatingCoolingMode” }
Number:Temperature iLR_setpointTemp “Setpoint Temperature [%.1f °C]” (gLR_Thermostat) [ “TargetTemperature” ] { channel=“openwebnet:bus_thermostat:mybridge:LR_thermostat:setpointTemperature” }
String iLR_setMode “Set Mode” (gLR_Thermostat) { channel=“openwebnet:bus_thermostat:mybridge:LR_thermostat:setMode”}

I only declared one thermostat for testing purpose.
The lights are working all right, I can even control them with my Google Assistant, but the thermostat just does not work. It’s showing in Google Home but not working. It’s not showing in the paper ui control tab that I use for debugging purposes.
The logs (set to debug) does not show anything about the thermostats. :-/

Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:
Michel

PS: the </> button is just making a mess, I cannot format my posts… not the first time I’m trying… using Chrome here. So I used " instead.

hm, i cannot see what could be wrong. i suppose you have a thermostat that is adressed as “zone=1” as you configured in things?

i can see my thermostats in paperui. ok, i did not set a group and i did not add the google-data but this should not be a problem.

btw, you know this binding will expire in jan 2021? see

https://community.openhab.org/t/bticino-openwebnet-new-openhab2-binding-ready-for-testing/43377/1259

Yes I have a zone 1 heating.
I did not know that binding was expiring. But I wonder if I’m not alreday on the new one?
If I go to my installed binding and click on it, it leads me here https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/openwebnet/
If I look for “openweb” in all the available bindings, only that one is showing up anyway.

So it looks like I’m already using the new binding and another user who used to have his thersmotats working is complaining that it is not supported on that new version : [BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing
(more user are complaining in the rest of that thread by the way)

I hope the new version will support heating soon…

yes that is the point: you installed the new binding in paperui - this only supports lighting and automation.

there is an old version that will expire soon, this you could download here:
https://github.com/mvalla/openhab-addons/releases/download/own-2.5.0/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0.jar

this can manage thermo but you have to pay attention not to install both versions parallel.

we all hope the new binding will be available soon and will support the same (or even more) than the old. actually may people are waiting for infos from the developer.

1 Like

I suppose it will.
I will wait with great hopes :smiley:

Last I saw was masimo was working on getting the latest binding, the one with less features, working in OH3. According to Massimo the 2.5 binding with the most features will not work with OH3 and so many of us could be stuck on OH2.5 or a hacked version of it with an extended expiry.