I usually just use sub Frames.
You could try something like this…

Frame label="Climate" {
    Frame label="Ground Floor" {
        Switch item=AirConditioner
        Switch item=ACPowerful mappings=[ON="Powerful"]
    }
}`

I haven’t had too much of a play with groups in openHAB.

thanks @robinson that’s kind-of-what I’m looking for.
But if I have a lot of items to pack into each frame (which I do), and a large number of frames (which I do), then the main page gets pretty large very quickly.
I like the sub-page concept that groups offer.
So, is possible to do this with groups?

I use rules for this. This allows to control different items from one line
I define a Number in items thar run a rule like

rule "Air cond Off"
when Item z_air_cond received command 0
then
executeCommandLine("python3 /etc/openhab2/sh_scripts/orvibo.py -i  -e 
end
rule "Air cond 22C Auto"
when Item z_air_cond received command 1
then
executeCommandLine("python3 /etc/openhab2/sh_scripts/orvibo.py -i  -e 
end
 rule "Air cond 24C Auto"
when Item z_air_cond received command 2
then
executeCommandLine("python3 /etc/openhab2/sh_scripts/orvibo.py -i 
end

e.t.c

Than in sitemap

Switch item=z_air_cond mappings=[0=Off, 1=“A22C”, 2=“A24C”, 3=“F22C”]

1 Like

Thanks @moskovskiy82. That’s a cool way to collect related switches into one interface item on the UI with multiple push buttons.
But I still have too many main items (ie: following the above examples, I have too many air conditioners) on the main page.
I would like to be able to group these and have them show up on sub-pages on the basic UI.
Any other ideas?

So figured out another way to skin this using a rule…
With a “received command” rule, I can create a “fake” push button with a switch item.
When I receive ON, I delay for 1s, then postUpdate(OFF) to the same switch item.
This gives the effect on the UI that the switch slider is changed from OFF to ON for 1s, and then automatically slides back to OFF.
The “push button” created via the sitemap with “mappings” is more visually appealing, but cannot seem to get that working in a group. With my “hack” I can put the switch into a group.

Any gotcha’s with this approach?
Any other ideas?

Found a post that shows how to add PushButtons to groups here: multi state switches
Thanks @Udo_Hartmann for the example.

Hi. Firstly, thank you for creating this tutorial. It has been really useful in helping me begin to make progress with a long desired wish: to get down from 9 different remote controls next to the sofa to zero. This is think would be a genuinely useful outcome to the ridiculous amount of hours I have spent tinkering!

Thanks to this tutorial, I am in the process of setting up openhab such that I can say “Hey Siri, watch Tivo” and the orvibo will send out the correct commands to turn on the TV, change the input to the HDMI splitter, select the correct HDMI splitter input, and power up the surround sound. I can then control the Tivo with the wiwo app. Further down the line I may try to cut down on how much I would need to the use the wiwo app, by creating some more scenes such as “watch BBC2” etc.

The basics of this are working and it just a case of setting up the appropriate rules/themes now.

My one issue I am yet to crack is the xbox. I have apple tv but thanks to their rivalry, I cannot watch amazon video on this. I can on my xbox 360. My problem is that this is the one piece of hardware that I cannot power up with ir. I have the smart glass app to control the xbox once on, but it won’t connect until the power is on. It should be possible to use the orvibo for this as the 360 has an ir receiver.

My problem is that I don’t have an ir remote for the xbox with which to programme the orvibo. There only seems the option to “learn” ir codes, and if you don’t have the tool with which to teach it, you are stuck. I’ve had the obligatory several hours of googling, and have found both the HEX code that supposedly turns on the xbox, and the format of the orvibo commands, but the length of the hex code doesn’t match the length of the portion of the hex code that is sent from the orvibo as the “blast”, so I don’t think I can manually create my own "xbox-on.ir’ file.

Anyone any ideas? (or an orvibo and a programmable remote who can produce an xbox-on.ir file? :wink: I could just purchase on and programme it but it seems overkill for a single use).

Thanks.

1 Like

Same dilemma i’m having here for the Roomba.
On option is to use arduino with ir. But maybe somebody can publish theirs IR files?

Thanks for the great tutorial! I don’t know why but on my device the learn commands always work correctly, but the emit commands are not working all the time. Most of the times when I give an emit command the blue led on the Orvibo allone blinks quickly (when it works the red one blinks quickly). It seems just like the Orvibo locks up until I give a command from my Wiwo.(maybe socked gets blocked by something?) Any help will be apreciated!

Also experience the weird behaviour of orvibo sometime locking up. Disconnecting the plug helps.

What method are using for referencing your orvibo in your emit code? You can now use the mac code and type instead of the ip. This is supposed to reduce latency apparently - it might be worth trying to see if this improves this issue?

If you run python orvibo.py, you can find the mac address of your orvibo:

python orvibo.py
Orvibo[type=irda, ip=192.168.1.37, mac=‘accf4378efdc’]

And then instead of using

python3 orvibo.py -i 192.168.1.37 -e test-ac-on.ir

use

python3 orvibo.py -m accf4378efdc -x irda -e test-ac-on.ir

Not sure if this will work, but worth a try.

It works! Thank you for the head up

1 Like

hello Robinson I just bought a Orvibo ALLONE IR
but I can not find the code for my Fujitsu conditioner.
What should I sare to make it work? if you can help me?
thank you

If you follow the section in the original post with the heading:

this will explain how to learn the codes from your fujitsu conditioner remote, presuming you still have it.

Hello, thanks for the answer
but how do I get on my allone? through the terminal? I have a mac there’s a little guide? thank you

Yes you would use the terminal. Do you have the remote for the conditioner? And which version of openhab do you have installed?

I have a remote control. what do you recommend version to install? and best uses I have a windows pc mac?

Do you not have openhab already set up? If you just want to use the orvibo, it’s probably easier just to download the wiwo app and use that to learn the codes for your conditioner.

I have already tried with WIWO not find me the code of the air conditioner

Ok. This isn’t strictly the right place for this, but this is what you do:

Open the wiwo app.

If you haven’t done this already, click the + in the top right corner to add your allone. Click allone and then follow the instructions on screen to add your allone to the app.

Now go back to the device list screen, and swipe to the left along the white bar with “Allone” in it. This will make “add, advanced and delete” pop up. This isn’t an obvious thing to do and is easy to miss.

Choose add, name your device something like “fujitsu”, and click on device type and and choose air conditioner.

Click save in the top right. Now on the main screen, if you tap on the allone, it should bring up fujitsu underneath. Tap this and it will open the control screen.

If you tap the “on” button, it will pop up with a message saying “The Key didn’t learn ir code”.

Now hold down the "on"button for a few seconds. A new message will pop up saying the allone has entered the learning state.

Aim your fujitsu remote at the allone, and press the “on” button on it. Your allone will flash and the code for the on button should be learned. Test it by turning your fujitsu off and pressing the on button in the wiwo app.

Do the same with all the other buttons that you want to be able to use on the app.

This will get the conditioner working with the wiwo app. That will be ok, but at some point, you may think, hmmm, wouldn’t it be good if I could get the conditioner to turn on by itself when the temperature gets to a certain point? And if the orvibo can control my conditioner, what else can it control??

At which point, it’s time to start looking into openhab…