Osram bulbs?

Is it possible to control osram zigbee bulbs with OH other than through a philips hue bridge?

Is there an alternative binding to possibly use? I do have the osram gateway as well but not sure if that helps or not

Probably soon. I’m just upgrading the ZigBee binding so that it’s able to dynamically detect add channels. I expect to have this working in the coming few days with the Hue bulb, so I assume the Osram should also work.

This is now hopefully done in a way that is dynamic… The old ZigBee binding required things to be pre-defined, but I’ve now changed this to be self discovering. Currently it just supports lights (on/off, dimmer, color), but in the coming few days I’ll add some basic sensors as well.

In theory, it should support Osram bulbs - currently I’m testing it with a Hue bulb. I’ll try and tidy this up so we can get it merged into the OH2 master reasonably soon, but if you have the TI dongle, let me know and I can create a JAR to test.

Thats great Chris.

In order to use the Zigbee binding is there a recommended usb or other controller to use with OH?

This is one of the reasons why I keep hoping for a wink binding since the wink hub has all the radios in it already and would be great if i could make better use of it one day

Sent: Sun, Apr 3, 2016 10:17 AM

To: ptmuldoon@gmail.com

Subject: [openHAB] [Setup, Configuration and Use/Beginners] Osram bulbs?

chrisChris Jacksonmaintainer

April 3

This is now hopefully done in a way that is dynamic... The old ZigBee binding required things to be pre-defined, but I've now changed this to be self discovering. Currently it just supports lights (on/off, dimmer, color), but in the coming few days I'll add some basic sensors as well.

In theory, it should support Osram bulbs - currently I'm testing it with a Hue bulb. I'll try and tidy this up so we can get it merged into the OH2 master reasonably soon, but if you have the TI dongle, let me know and I can create a JAR to test.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond

To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences

Yes - you need the TI2531 dongle. I see Amazon sell the ones from TI for a cool $70 (!!!), but you can buy one from China for $10. The question I’d have is the software that’s loaded, and I couldn’t see an immediate answer to that. You can download the latest firmware from TIs website, but I’m not sure how easy it is to load into these sticks (I have the devkit here so can load into the TI connector).