OSRAM Lightify Openhab2 Binding

The icons are also ESH, that’s the main reason why i even asked. :wink:

I just bought 4 of these recessed lights for my basement, but can’t seem to get OH2 and the binding to find them. Anyway they can be added into the next release?

On a side note, these bulbs appear to be a PIA as the lightify hub finds them correctly as RGBW bulbs, but then somehow later they only show as Traditional bulbs only and lose the ability to control the color.

I may need to move these bulbs onto a Wink Hub or learn how to setup my own Zigbee gateway.

Set the logging for the osramlightify binding to trace and post the response to a poll (ListPairedDevices response). It should be possible to make it work. I just don’t have any of those lights so I don’t know how they appear.

If you see problems with the Lightify app / gateway / Light combination you should send an email to lightify@osram.com. Are you sure you’re on the current firmware?

Wanted to give an update.

So, it turned out that my son’s new phone is/was somehow being assigned the same IP address as my Static IP address of my OH2 install. I have no idea how or why my router would assign the same IP address twice, but I could clearly see that in my Asus router.

So after setting a static IP on that phone, OH2 was back on line and discovered the recessed lights.

But these lights do have some sort of issue that I will probably raise with Osram. They scan/add into the lightify App as RGBW, but then some time later will revert to Tuneable white only.

And I had one bulb showing as an RGBW in Lightify, but OH2 saw it as tuneable while. I had to remove the device from lightify and then add back to OH2 to get it show correctly.

And now in testing, the Lightify App reverted to showing these recessed lights back as Tuneable white only, yet I can still control the RGB colors in OH2.

Hi there,

@mjagdis great work on the binding!!! since the last update i had no trouble whatsoever :slight_smile:

I have a further question: Is there a way to get the temperature reading from the motion sensor?

Greetings

Great work @mjagdis.

Would it be possible to get the Lightify Light Switch working with this binding? It would be great to be able to use these switches control my hue lights. It would be great to be able to cover my existing switches without rewiring my old home.

I would even be willing to donate a switch for use in development and assist in testing.

Not that I can see. Nothing changes in the device state we poll from the gateway when the temperature changes and the Lightify app doesn’t appear to ask for anything from the gateway when you open the sensor device to view the temperature. I can only surmise that the gateway only sends the temperature data to the cloud and that the app gets it from there. Hopefully this is merely an oversight that will be corrected in newer gateway firmware.

Possibly. With caveats. If you have one set log level to trace and post some poll responses while you’re toggling it on and off. If there’s no indication of its state changing you would have to configure it via the app to switch something and then use that something’s state as a proxy for the switch state. Regardless, the gateway sends NO preemptive messages - we have to keep polling it - so you’d probably want to bring the max poll interval all the way down (it’s an option on the gateway Thing). But that eats cpu and if you run openHABian on a Pi it might tend to be a bit on the warm side.

I use a combination of old X10 SS13s and LightwaveRF mood switches via an RFXCOM myself. The newer stuff is too immature, limited, bounded-ecosystem and overpriced.

N.B. Instead of losing the old switches you may want to consider replacing them with those emergency or security switches that are operated by poking a little key into a slot. For the UK market search Ebay.co.uk for “key switch module gang” to see the sort of thing I mean but similar should be available everywhere.

Has anything perhaps changed with the binding? I needed to reset my hub and re-add my lights, However OH2 and the binding is not seeing and picking up my Lightify LED Lightstrip.

All other lights were found correctly though.

Thanks
PT

No, nothing’s changed recently. If the strip shows in the app post a trace of a poll.

Is the marketplace version the latest?

Yes.

Did you restart openHAB?

I use Surface Lights & Plugs, they work, i can’t comment on others.

if you are running openHABian it is:

sudo systemctl restart openhab2.service

I have been fighting to get this to build for a while and no luck. I am using a CLI only OH2 installation and don’t have eclipse as a result. I can use git to clone your tree and when I try to build using maven, it keeps tossing dependency errors for javax.measure 0.0.0. I can search and I find the javax/measure/unit-api.jar file in both the OpenHAB2 folder as well as local maven repo directory.

Any tips you can provide on how to get this to compile?

Hi @noctarius

any news on making this an official binding available through Paper UI?

Thanks a lot for your efforts.

You should try to use the other binding (https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/2486) which is available from the integrated marketplace if you enable include bindings and set maturity level to beta.

Hi,

with the current version of the Lightify binding from the Eclipse Marketplace, i’ve got some (more or less) smaller problems …

First, i’m using the current unstable version of Openhab 2.3.0 Build #1275 with the Lightify-Binding 2.3.0.201803021814.

I have multiple lights in my office with multiple Osram Lightly PAR16 50 TW (GU10 / tuneable white … the „old“ Version without Smart+ Logo / Firmware Version 01020510). Additionally 1 Flex RGBW (Firmware 01020510), 4 Plug 01 etc. and - of course - the Gateway (WiFi Firmware 1.2.2.0 / ZigBee 1.2.0.68).

My problems are especially about the GU10 Lights, because every office-light got 3 to 6 GU10 LEDs and i’ve set up a group for every light to control the LEDs (instead of controlling every LED „by Hand“).

I’ve added the Groups like this one:

Group g3Stock_Buero_Licht   (g3Stock_Buero)
    Dimmer LichtBueroDimmer "Brightness"                        <light>         (gLicht, g3Stock_Buero_Licht)    {channel="osramlightify:group:***:1:dimmer"}
    Dimmer LichtBueroTemperature "Farbtemperatur (%): [%d %%]"  <colorlight>    (gLicht, g3Stock_Buero_Licht)    {channel="osramlightify:group:***:1:temperature"}
    Number LichtBueroAbsTemperature "Farbtemperatur (K)"        <colorlight>    (gLicht, g3Stock_Buero_Licht)    {channel="osramlightify:group:***:1:absTemperature"}

… and a second one to a single GU10 LED (without connection to any group):

Group g3Stock_Buero_Test (g3Stock)
    Dimmer LichtBueroTestDimmer "Brightness"                    <light>         {channel="osramlightify:tunable:84-**-45:dimmer"}
    Dimmer LichtBueroTestTemperature "White Temperature (%)"    <colorlight>    {channel="osramlightify:tunable:84-**-45:temperature"}
    Number LichtBueroTestTemperature "White Temperature (K)"    <colorlight>    {channel="osramlightify:tunable:84-**-45:absTemperature“}

My problem is: Every time i switched „g3Stock_Buero_Test“ on via Lightify App, my openhab-log showed up correctly:

16:53:08.304 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LichtBueroTestDimmer changed from 0 to 100
16:53:08.316 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LichtBueroTestDimmer changed from 100 to 1

Putting the lights from „ g3Stock_Buero_Licht“ on or off via Openhab: everything is working, too. But switching the same light via my Osram Switch or Osram App: nothing happened. Openhab didn’t recognize any changes from the gateway.

It seems, every time i’m using the Group Things, i’ve got no status update from the lightify gateway.

i think you need to define your group this way:

Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) g3Stock_Buero_Licht (g3Stock)

I’ve gave it a try:

Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) g3Stock_Buero_Licht (g3Stock)
    Dimmer LichtBueroDimmer "Brightness"                        <light>         (g3Stock_Buero_Licht)    {channel="osramlightify:group:017e5a2f:1:dimmer"}
    Dimmer LichtBueroTemperature "Farbtemperatur (%): [%d %%]"  <colorlight>    (g3Stock_Buero_Licht)    {channel="osramlightify:group:017e5a2f:1:temperature"}
    Number LichtBueroAbsTemperature "Farbtemperatur (K)"        <colorlight>    (g3Stock_Buero_Licht)    {channel="osramlightify:group:017e5a2f:1:absTemperature"}

there where just one difference - i could add a Off-Switch to my sitemap (i could switch the group of lights off, but the Item State was still „on“).

The main problem still exists - every change i made via my Osram switch or the Lightify app: there where no item update for LichtBueroDimmer and changing the white temperature with the app, LichtBueroTemperature and LichtBueroTemperatureAbs didn’t get any update.

It (still) seems like openhab is able to send updates to the lightify-gateway, but every update from „outside“ the binding didn’t get back from the gateway.