Overwrite device specific rule

Hey Guys,

i have my openhab running to control the heating actors of my homematic HM-CC-RT-DN.
The devices have saved (at the device itself) the daily program for heating - this comes not from openhab rules (it was transmitted via homegear). If you ask why: it is the most battery save way for daily heating programs.

2 Questions:

1. In which property of the device i can see the actual (device-specific) temperatur profile?
  2. I know, i can change the actual temperature with an openhab rule. As example, when a rule at the device is set to set/control the temperature every full hour to 15 degrees and a openhab rule set 5 minutes before the next hour starts the temperatur to 20degrees, then the temperature is set after 5 minutes (when the next hour begins) back to 15 degrees from the device it self. The question is now: can i create a rule that sets the temperature for at least one hour, doesent matter, what the device specific rule is set?

bfo

You will probably need to send your custom temperature to the device every X minutes.

If you know it updates on the hour every hour, you will need to send your command a short while after that has occurred to overwrite the scheduled temperature.

Hi Garry,

so there is no way to say “use this temperature for a timeperiod, no matter what your (device-)profile says”… OK.
Do you know the answer for the first question of my post?
(In which property of the device i can see the actual (device-specific) temperatur profile?)

bfo

I’m talking from an openHAB side of things - I’m afraid I can’t answer any device-specific questions as I don’t have your devices.

This however is the approach that I would likely take - if I knew a device was trying to do something itself on a schedule, I would just let it do its thing and then send another command to overrule it :slight_smile:

Yes, comprehensible …
It will be nice, if i can put this info into the graphs of the room temperatures… After a time, i’m not sure, when, which actor will have what temperature … then i must always log into the openhab server and look at the ascii rule file (what is not very “human readable”) :slight_smile:

Bfo

Take a look at HABPanel widget: Virtual Thermostat/OnOff Appliance scheduling

ConfusedGarry Mitchell
1d
You will probably need to send your custom temperature to the device every X minutes.
If you know it updates on the hour every hour, you will need to send your command a short while after that has occurred to overwrite the scheduled temperature.

How can i make such a rule, what runs … 30 mins and set/check every minute the temperature?

maybe is this right?

val String filename = "heizung.rules"

rule "heizungen"
when
    Time cron "* */5 * ? * *"
then
    var String result = executeCommandLine("/usr/local/bin/checkMail.sh", 1000)
    if (result.startsWith("julia") ) {
        OGJULIA_HEIZUNG_SetTemp.postUpdate(20.0)
        var i = 0
         //the next 30 minutes to look at
        while((i=i+1) < 30) {
            var Number settemp = OGJULIA_HEIZUNG_SetTemp.state
            if (settemp != 20.0) {
                OGJULIA_HEIZUNG_SetTemp.postUpdate(20.0)
            }
            Thread::sleep(60000)
        }
    }
end

Bfo