OWServer - Binding How can i add the EDS OWerver with Sensors on Openhab 3.x

Hello everyone,

I use the OWServer-binding on Obenhab 2.x.
I would like to upgrade to Openhab 3.x, but I can’t find a way to read in the EDS OWserver with its sensors.
How do I have to proceed? Is the OneWire binding the binding I need for it?
I can create the EDS OneWireMaster on OneWire-Binding and the status goes online, but how do I create the sensors?

OW-Server Ethernet1

I would be grateful if there was a solution. Can someone give me hints?

Yes, onewire binding is the right one.
Install the binding and then add a OneWireServer thing. Set the IP and port of the OW server there and all connected devices should then be recognized.

Use discovery to find things (sensors) after the bridge is online.

Hey everyone, thanks for your answers. I always have the same picture, the OW server is displayed as online, but when I scan, the loading bar runs to the end and disappears.

If I scan a second time, no loading bar appears, only the “Stop Scanning” button.

Is there a way to create the sensors manually?

Yes, there is. But it‘ll not help you. If the devices can‘t be discovered, they won‘t work with manual configuration either. Please share a TRACE log of the scan.

I only find the one line in the “openhab.log”

Did you ever find a solution to your issue? I have exactly the same situation and I am trying to understand the data flow.

The old (2.5) OWServer Binding read the values from the details.xml file, but the new OneWire Binding assumes there is a working OneWire File System (OWFS), which I don’t think the EDS OW-SERVER-ENET-2 supplies. So, do I then need to set up a separate OWFS instance to link the chain together?

Hello Magnus, my solution is to read the details.xml with XPath.
But that is not easy because the path has to be formed with FULL QUALIFIED PATH.
I read the temperatures and the ROMID separately.
If the ROMID fits, I’ll take the temperature. Additional a screenshot.

Thanks for the reply Quattro and the example! I have now implemented it with the HTTP binding storing the full XML in a string item, and then a rule that splits it up to the different temperature items, with the help of your XPath code.

I am not sure why you need to test the ROMID. Is it because the sensors shift places? I selected the Lock Order alternative in the OW-Server to make sure they stay put.

You can also split with XPath in different channels fochten same thing. As long as the request URL is the same a cache is used.

Yes, I can see that Quattro has used that method. It seems to be a bit more cumbersome (one channel per sensor) but eases the strain on the logging (default is all item changes, which fills up the log with XML). Will probably try it.

Can anyone give a step-by-step guide on the easiest way for me to integrate the EDS OW server into OpenHAB 3. With the above mentioned steps it was not sucessfully possible for me. Is the HTTP-Binding the right one?

I use the OWServer binding and have created 2 channels per sensor. (1x the ID of the sensor and 2x the measured value). I can assign the measured value to a sensor via the ID. In the channels, the ID/measured value is read out via XPath. See above.