PaperUI - Locations

Hello!
In paperUI - control elements can be distributed in groups (location), and then they will be displayed in the various tabs. How to do this for items that were created manually in the files? With a large volume of items, to find the right is very difficult.
Thank you!

http://docs.openhab.org/configuration/items.html#nested-groups

I don’t think that’s what he is talking about. In Paper UI you can configure a location on a Thing and then all Things with the same location turns up in one tab on the control page. I don’t think you can do this on Things created from files…

While reading it again you may be right :hugs:

While you can set Locations on Things created from files:

Thing netatmo:NAMain:Main "Main module" @ "Bedroom"

I am not aware of a similiar way to assign a Location to an Item. The first question seems to be about items:

Olymp, could you please clarify whether you are asking about Items or Things?

Oh, thanks, didn’t know that!

However, Items doesn’t have any location in Paper UI neither, so the question ought to be about Things.

Hello!
Sorry for my English, I understand that I am difficult to understand :slight_smile:
But this advice has helped me! Thanks to all responded.
But items can also be grouped?
Thanks for the help!

As far as I know, this is not possible for Items. Maybe @Kai could provide some input? Kai, could you tell us whether Items can be grouped by Locations?

Location of Things is the physical location. The Paper UI “Control” tab is only meant for testing the Things and only sorts them by their physical location for convenience. It is not possible to add arbitrary items to the Control page of the Paper UI.

Items can be grouped (into rooms or functional groups) by using Group items, just as it done in the demo files.