PaperUI missing persistence tab

Did a minor project to monitor and store (in MySQL) energy use about a year ago. Before starting a new project to turn lights on with a motion sensor, I updated to OH 2.4. The MySQL energy data stopped being stored. I have been over the documentation, etc. The one thing that seems different is that I do not have the Persistence tab or persistence add-ons in Paper UI anymore. From the karaf console I do not see any bundle or feaure related to MySQL running. I did have to delete the

cache

and

temp

folders to install a snapshot zwave binding. I think the only thing missing is to install the MySQL persistence in Paper UI. I have been at it for a while. Any ideas?

Have you checked the addons config? $cat /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg

This is what I have there

binding=",mqtt"
misc="ruleengine"
package="simple"
service.pid="org.openhab.addons"
ui="paper,habpanel"

If nothing is commented out like below:

# A comma-separated list of persistence services to install (e.g. "persistence = rrd4j,jpa")
#persistence = rrd4j,mapdb

Then find this line, uncomment it like below, and add MySQL

# A comma-separated list of persistence services to install (e.g. "persistence = rrd4j,jpa")
persistence = MySQL

After that you may need to restart OH.

sudo systemctl stop openhab2

sudo systemctl start openhab2

Just noticed something, you have package simple selected.

package="simple"

Here’s what the file mentions about that package.

Valid options:
#   - minimal  : Installation only with dashboard, but no UIs or other add-ons. Use this for custom setups.
#   - simple   : Setup for using openHAB purely through UIs - you need to expect MANY constraints in functionality!
#   - standard : Default setup for normal users, best for textual setup
#   - expert   : Setup for expert users, especially for people migrating from openHAB 1.x
#   - demo     : A demo setup which includes UIs, a few bindings, config files etc.

I’ve never used “simple” but you might need to change that to “standard”.

Thanks
That will give me something to work on.