Paradox EVO Binding

Hi,
Thanks for the hint. Probably I will need to investigate what packets are used there. This also involves update of my IP150. I’ll see if I will have time for this during holidays.

@jpbarraca as you’re one of the main contributors in pai, are you aware if there are big changes in the overall communication protocol between 1.x and 4.x?
Currently the paradox binding does not support encryption. Could it be the reason why it doesn’t work with 4.x (if it’s enforced there for example)?
I need to estimate aproximately what should be the overall time investment for the development before I go with upgrade of my IP150…

Cheers,
Konstantin

Surely, it was. Thanks, I implement it today evening and give you a feedback.

Hello,

my versions are:

Ed

image image

Hello,

So, yours version is not last one. But as mentioned, this project https://github.com/ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai already support firmware >4.00 and it’s works with my last firmware.

I assume it’s possible also integrate with new version of EVO Binding.

Ed

Recent versions of the IP150 module (>=4) require an encrypted connection (AES-256 ECB with a custom key expansion)

Hello,

So, maybe it’s possible to have new version of plugin, which support new firmware?

Ed

Yes. I’ll look into how to implement the encryption as soon as I have the time… Probably should not be too hard. :slight_smile:

Hello,

• version < 4.x - Local connection
  • 4.x <= version < 4.40.004 - SWAN (Paradox cloud) connection.
  • version >= 4.40.004 - Local connection, SWAN (Paradox cloud) connection

SWAN connection is not stable, because works using cloud. and they don’t like keep-alive connection.

Ed

I just read that in OH2.5 the paradox binding is included?
Anyone tested this already?
Doe sit work with the latest FW on the IP150?

It works with older firmwares (1.x of IP150).
I’m still in investigation phase about how to implement encryption. When I do that it should work with newer releases.

Hi everyone,
and really thank you for the effort to make this binding, totally appreciated.
My setup is a 2.5M6, IP150 on EVO192 and the binding looks to work great, I just have some issues regarding the sitemap.
Can someone share a sitemap template?
Thank you in advance,
Mike

Hi Mike,
the example I’ve given in the README of the binding are exactly what I use in my own sitemap. What is not working for you from that stuff?

Cheers,
K.

Hi Konstantin,
Thank you for the answer, can you please provide with a link to the README file.

https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/paradoxalarm/

Cheers, K.

Oh you mean this README, I’m sorry I was looking on github.
I still can’t figure out the mapping values regarding Arm, Instant, Stay, Disarm on the sitemap file as well as the particular thing to combine.
Any suggestion would be really appreciated.
BR

Hi all,
Is there anybody wants to share that particular part of the sitemap regarding mapping Arm, Instant, Stay, Disarm.
Would be appreciated.

What is the question? What item would you like to see? Read the readme and use the examples. Or pls specify your question.

Absolutely,
I’m interesting in mapping the lay out buttons on the sitemap file so I could be able to Arm, Instant, Stay, Disarm. I tried the readme sitemap but with no luck.
It might be the Additional States item channel="paradoxalarm:partition:3426c5ae:additionalStates"

If you have read of this thread probably you would have realized that this binding only reads the statuses of the IP150 modul, EVO192 panel and its zones. It won’t change the status. It has safety reason, that despite of your OH server is hacked they can’t turn off your alarm system. There was a new discussion about this topic around 2 month ago when need of handling IP150 above 4.x FW handling popped up. But I don’t know what was the final decision about this functionality. Theoretically it is possible to add, it is a matter of safety decision.