Paradox EVO Binding

I think I coded everything a week ago during the weekend, but unfortunately I don’t have the time to setup the test system and test the add on. If you’re willing to give it a try I can supply you with the .jar. You need to put it in the test OH addons folder and you can try the new channels. Just let me know if you’re OK to try untested addon. :slight_smile:

… or even better if you can setup on your computer a build environment, I can send you the branch where I’m developing it, so you can download the code and compile it yourself.
Not sure how aware of git and maven you are but It’s not complex. Just let me know if you’re willing to give it a try.

Hi Konstantin
I would be happy to try out the new jar. I assume it is in OH4.0 (which is what you had planned to use).
I have not yet upgraded to OH 4.0 - waiting for a Milestone release. But if you only have OH4.0 version I will make a plan to upgrade to OH4.0 SNAPSHOT ASAP and give the jar a try.
Thanks
mark

Sadly my coding skills are not existent and I have never used GIT or MAVEN for any kind of development and I think I would just end up wasting your time trying to get stuff to work.

Very happy to try and do an upgrade to OH4.0 is that is required and do some testing.

@polychronov Hi Konstantin

I have made a plan and haveca system running the latest 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT that will alliw me to test your JAR file if uou would like to share?

Hi,
I was also able to start up a separate container on my NUC with OH4 for testing purposes. I’m currently testing the binding and figured that for some reason, the new channels do not appear in the new UI.
Could you give it a try and let me know if you see them? As far as I can see I have implemented all the necessary metadata but maybe I’m missing something.
I cannot attach a .jar file here it seems. Could you please send me your email in PM and I will send the jar to you?

Thanks,
K.

Hi,
attached is the jar. Just rename it. When I have time I will see how I can open a marketplace topic so I can supply this the official way. :slight_smile:
org.openhab.binding.paradoxalarm-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.txt (140.7 KB)

I have created a release for the addon on my github.
I will publish the binaries there as subsequent releases once I add fixes until they get merged into the main OH branch:

Hi
I have installed the new binding. Initial testing indicates all the previous stuff works.

What channels have you added? I assume they are in the ZONES things? I guess I will have to delete the THING and let it rediscover see the new channels.
Will report back shortly

After deleting one of the ZONE THINGS and readding, I now see the following channels:

Previously I only had:

So increased from 4 to 13, new ones (9) seem to be:

• Shutdown
  • In TX Delay
  • Supervision Trouble
  • Currently in Alarm
  • Has activated Entry Delay
  • Generated an Alarm
  • Bypassed
  • Communicator Command
  • Has activated Intellizone Delay

Let me know what else to test otherwise I will fiddle when I can.

Yes. Great. Then they appear for you. Not sure why they don’t appear for me… :slight_smile:

As a next step, you can try the command channel.
Create a button which sends values CLEAR_BYPASS and BYPASS and try to send commands to the zone.
Check if they do the bypass/clear bypass from the Babyware or from the keyboard (if you know how).
Then when confirmed, check that the bypass (either from the keyboard/Babyware/OH when triggered), results in proper reading and parsing of the channel “bypass” from the new channels.

I have just done the following test - From Keypad I BYPASSED Zone 5. Checked in Babyware that it is BYPASSED.
The Item linked to the Bypassed Channel however remains NULL

Will look at sending a command ASAP.

Hang on for now. I’m testing the same… it seems that the command is not working. I’m now looking into the logs. Looks like the checksum is not properly attached.
For the read, in the logs I see that we parse correctly the flag bypassed in the internal model which means that I messed up something on the upper, Openhab-layer. That should be easy to fix. Important here is that the parser works fine…

Hi,
feel free to download the new version from here: Release Fixed zone commands handling · theater/openhab-addons · GitHub
The command for bypass/clear bypass works now.

What I need to look for tomorrow is why the states do not get updated.

Cheers,
K.

1 Like

Thank you so much. It is working well now. I have only tested on Zone 5. Will have to try some more ASAP.

On a side note, while you are investigating - do you know why the ZONE and PARTITION Label Channels do not update? They always remain NULL.

Appreciate the work you have put in.

Hi
I have tested with all my Zones and it works great for all of them. Thank you so much.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Mark

Hi,
none required from your side, I believe…
I’m thinking if I should do the PR like this for the feature or I should check the issue with “null” values in the new UI.
Issue is that at work it’s hell right now and I have no energy to do the necessary checks and testing about this problem, as it requires a bit of reading and testing.
Maybe we can move on with the functionality now and see into the issue when I have more time…

Cheers,
Konstantin

Hi Konstantin

I really appreciate what you have done. I personally would prefer to wait for the status to update from null.
It is quite important to be able yo see this if you are changing the bypass state to be sure it is right.

Hopefully you will get an opportunity to look in the coming time.

Thanks again.

Hi Konstantin.

I saw your other post. Do i inderstand correctky tgst if you use text based items yiu see the correct state?

If so please coukd you share an example of your thing and item file extract? I woumd likevto have a try.

Hi,
have you tried the examples from the README? Same approach applies for the new channels.
I’ve created the PR for the new feature but forgot that I have to update the README. Did that few minutes ago. You can check it here:

Cheers,
K.