(partially solved) Include legacy 1.x bindings - where are astro 1.x and netatmo 1.x?

In the last offline distro installed (271), I discovered in Paper UI a new service named “Extension management”.Enabling or disabling the setting “Include Legacy 1.x Bindings” changed nothing to the choice of bindings I can install in extensions. In previous distro, we have for example the choice between astro 1.x and astro 2.0 bindings but we have now only astro 2.0 listed in extensions.

Looking at PR in GitHub, I thought that netatmo 1.x binding was renamed into netatmo1. But I see only netatmo 2.0 as available in Paper UI extensions. I put netatmo1 in my addons.cfg file and I get this error when I start OH2:

2016-04-30 13:19:14.666 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-netatmo1': No matching features for openhab-binding-netatmo1/0.0.0

Ok, I discovered that I have to enable another setting to see 1.x bindings: Access Remote Repositories. Absolutely not obvious to understand !
I opened an issue as Extension Management settings are not saved. They are lost when you restart OH2.

And that is still not clear for me how I can tell in my addons.cfg file that I want to install the netatmo 1.x binding. I used “netatmo1” and the netatmo binding 1.9 has been installed but I still have the error mentioned earlier in my logs when I start OH (issue opened).

Access remote repositories setting is saved. Only include legacy 1.x bindings setting is not saved.

Try adding this to your addons.cfg file:

legacy = true