"Pass by reference" calling object to rule?

As I’m creating a set of rules to control my LED Strips (creating JSON strings to pass via MQTT), I find myself wishing there was a way to use one rule (with event triggers called out for each of my 10+ strips), rather than having to create a new rule for EVERY strip.

E.g.

rule "LED Strip 1 Intensity"
when
	Item LEDStrip_1_Intensity received update
then
	LEDStrip_1_String.sendCommand("{\"brightness\":" + LEDStrip_1_Intensity.state + "}")
end

rule "LED Strip 2 Intensity"
when
	Item LEDStrip_2_Intensity received update
then
	LEDStrip_2_String.sendCommand("{\"brightness\":" + LEDStrip_2_Intensity.state + "}")
end

…and so on, could be replaced by:

rule "LED Strip Intensity"
when
	Item LEDStrip_1_Intensity received update or
	Item LEDStrip_2_Intensity received update
then
    if (updateObject == LEDStrip_1_Intensity) {
	    LEDStrip_1.sendCommand("{\"brightness\":" + updateObject.state + "}")
    }
    else if (updateObject == LEDStrip_2_Intensity) {
	    LEDStrip_2.sendCommand("{\"brightness\":" + updateObject.state + "}")
    }
end

I realize I could simply use a single rule with triggers for all my strips, and send the current state of every strip’s Intensity slider any time either of them is updated, but that’s a wasteful hack (puts extra unnecessary MQTT traffic on the broker).

Is anything like this possible in the rule engine/language? I know receivedCommand and previousState already exist as implicit variables in rules, so it seems like adding a variable that stores a reference to the actual object that triggered the rule should be possible, right?

You might want to use groups

Or lamdas

Thank you, one of those (most likely the Groups pattern) will definitely work for what I want - just need to set up the additional items.

Cheers!