Persistance (rrdj4) not working in Openhab 2.2.0

• Platform information: Windows 10
    • openHAB version: 2.2.0

I have a problem with my logging. Some items are logging OK, while other are not. I cant see any pattern why some items are working and others not. Even not a pattern on device, date i made it or nothing. Have tried with new items also withour any luck.
Cant see any problems in openhab.log and my rrdj4.persist is loading without errors.

I have tried to install a fresh copy of the 2.2.0 with this guide: https://docs.openhab.org/installation/windows.html

I had double checked that org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg is the new one.

Is there anyway to troubleshot this a easy way?
Have anyone seen similar problems?

Not working

Working:

rrdj4.persist

// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
Strategies {
everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
everyDay  : "0 0 0 * * ?"

default = everyChange
}

Items {
* : strategy = everyChange, everyDay, restoreOnStartup
}

// vim: syntax=Xtend syntax=openhab

You need to add everyMinute to make rrd4j work.

Is this not covered in my rrdj4.persist? Can you please spesify? :slight_smile:

You defined everyMinute, but none of your items uses it. Just add everyMinute to your default strategy and your strategy for all items.

I’m at the phone, so i can’t modify your file without breaking my fingers.

Thanks alot Joachim, it seems to be working! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated the rrdj4.persist.
Still one problem, now the logging shows, but the value is no updating in the chart.
Did i do something wrong?

The value went from 67, 68, 69, 70

But the logging only shows this:

// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
Strategies {
everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
everyDay  : "0 0 0 * * ?"

default = everyChange, everyMinute 
}

Items {
* : strategy = everyChange, everyMinute, everyDay, restoreOnStartup
}

// vim: syntax=Xtend syntax=openhab

Its seems that its just logging the value at startup, and when i added everyMinute it will just add the same value, even if the number is changing.

The strange this is that its not all items…

When doing such changes to the rrd4j setup it is a good idea to restart the logging completly (i.e. delete the old .rrd files).

1 Like

Deleted all .rrd files (even tho it hurt with all the good date i have collected over 1 year:()
But it seems to be working, thanks again :slight_smile:

Yes, that is the negative point about rrd4j. It needs to get the data in the correct timesequence. A later change of the values is not possible(at least as far as I understand. A change in archive 1 migth be possible, but that won’t change anything in the other archives).