Philio Motion Sensor PSP05 - Help to get working

Thanks, will try that. Can I install Openhabian even though it’s still on version 2.2 and then update that to 2.3?

Off topic: took an image backup of my current installation just now - after returning the SD card from my PC to the Pi, it says it’s in read only mode. Same thing on PC, every action (format, disk repair…) just says it’s in read only state. Google doesn’t seem to give much help. Did my card just die? I know about the countless threads about SD cards getting corrupted but this has never happened to me and I have 4 Pis running 24/7 (many for several years), few more Pis which are used every now and then + 2 car dashboard cameras which record few gigs everyday and nothing has ever failed. Is OH especially demanding for the cards or is this just bad luck? Anyway, it’ll take a while for me to find a new card and install OH…

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe so (from what I’ve seen on the forum, people are able to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 with openHABian).

Is there a little switch on the side of the SD card to write protect it? Maybe you bumped it while moving it around…

Ok, I’m back with a fresh install of Openhabian which to my surprise installed OH 2.3.0-1 right from the start.

I installed the snapshot binding. I’m now seeing “ZWaveNode006_BinarySensor changed from X to X” messages some time after a reboot when I manually wake up the device but never after that. Not sure if they reflect actual motion either. Couldn’t figure out a consistent pattern.

Some random observations:

• The new binding (org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) didn’t start before I did feature:install openhab-transport-serial as described here OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY
  • Paper UI didn’t offer the Z-Stick port automatically, in my case it was /dev/ttyACM0
  • Old Links from before installing the snapshot binding are still somewhere (I did delete Things and Items before uninstalling the “old” binding) and I cannot seem to delete them - when I stop or start OH these are in the log (they don’t show up in Paper UI or Habmin):
    Link ‘PSP05_AlarmBurglar => zwave:device:211cd746:node6:alarm_burglar’ has been removed.
    Link ‘PSP05_BinarySensor => zwave:device:211cd746:node6:sensor_binary’ has been removed.
    Link ‘PSP05_AlarmBurglar-zwave:device:211cd746:node6:alarm_burglar’ has been added.
    Link ‘PSP05_BinarySensor-zwave:device:211cd746:node6:sensor_binary’ has been added.

Oh and unfortunately no switch on this SD card - something weird happened and I think I’ll leave it at that for now :slight_smile:

@chris Let me know what you need. I’m guessing DEBUG log from Z-Wave binding? Should I attach it here or send it to you through other means?

Hello everyone,
has anyone managed to get the Philio PSP05 running? I bought three of them and am testing one. In the test mode it recognizes movement but nothing is sent to openhab in the normal mode! I tried several settings - nothing happens, I just get the battery status!
In a Zipato thread they say Bit 7 has to be set to reserve. But in openHAB I cannot change that setting.

Bit 7 has several parameters, did you not find the correct one or does the device not save the settings?

I meant what nokyyz shared above and what the manual say: it is parameter 7 which has 7 bits. And I meant Bit 7: reserve

But yes, I found out that I am not able to change bit 4 to “Binary report” nor disable bit 6. I managed at the beginning somehow to enable bit 1 to send “Motion off report”.
But now it looks I change bit 4 or bit 6 in Paper UI or Habmin, but as soon as I reboot openHAB I see still “Report notfication” instead “Binary report” and bit 6 is enabled again! I pressed both buttons (external and internal) before saving th changes, before and after…nothing works!
The funny thin is, on my sitemap I can set the sensor to “untriggered” and it changes to triggered if it recognizes a motion, but it does not reset to “untriggered” again by itself.

If it is reserved you can’t use or change it.

It is a battery device, so after changing parameters you need to manually wake up the device or wait for the automatic wakeup (which can take a while). After you have woken up the device wait until the “pending” mark disappears in HABmin (you may need to reload the page).

I don’t have this device, but there are devices out there which take a long time until the state is changed to OFF or UNTRIGGERED again. It may take up to one minute.

Edit: after having a look into the database again I found parameter 7 is not correctly configured. I will try to fix this and after the changes got merged you need to upgrade to the latest 2.5 zwave snapshot.

Done.

Sounds great, thank you very much. So are the changes already include in the snapshot version from 05.05.2019 04:32:52?
Z-Wave snapshot

No.
You need to watch the zwave github repo. After you are seeing the changes in github, it takes another successful build to have the changes in the binding snapshot jar.

How and where to I see it practical?

And what you fixed is the cause why I cannot change both parameters?

You will see slightly different parameter naming.

That should be the case

Same problem with PSP05 here, waiting for next update…

The changes have made it into the binding:

so it should be available in the latest snapshot:
https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/org.openhab.addons.bundles$org.openhab.binding.zwave/

I just got my PSP05, and after including it it just says that the device is unknown. It seems that there is some different versions of it, PSP05-A/B/C/D. Looks like the same device, but with different mountings. I’m not sure there’s different references depending of what version it is? It looks like the main device is still the same though.

I tried the org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, but that just made my system crash when I tried enter Paper UI. I updated the entire system about a week ago, so it’s pretty up to date.

Any ides what the device isn’t recognized?

[EDIT] Btw, it works when I try it from OpenZWave web interface, it recognize it and sends data to my console.

Has the device been woken up so it finishes initialisation? If so, what is the device ID and device type that is reported in the properties?

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

I think it has been woken up multiple times (it sends data when motion is detected, maybe not the same?). I don’t see any device ID or type at all. Is there a other way to see it?

Then it means it’s not initialised.

What do you see in the debug logs?

Yep, that’s the case. I added it thru ozwcp (OpenZWave UI) because it could’t be found from PaperUI, but after that it appeared in OH to. It’s added with security, maybe that’s an issue?

I’m about to restart OH, i’ll look in the logs and see what i can find.