Philio PSR04 Smart Color Button (Z-Wave)

I think the only missing channel is on the BASIC command class which I’ve just added. I’ll do a datbase update tonight so let me know if that’s ok…

Chris

sure! I will check an come back to you.
Thanks a lot!
Martin

How can I manage to upgrade to this new xml version?
I have tried reinitialise option in habmin --> no success
I have tried to delete and to add thing again --> no success

thx
Martin

You’ll need to be running the snapshot version of OH, and then uninstall and reinstall the binding in PaperUI/HABmin.

I didn’t update it last night though as I had other things to look at - will do it tonight.

Hi Chris!

I have tested new channel:
ON/OFF function tested successfully, but unfortunately the dimming value does not work as expected.
If I dimm via the wheel, associated value doesn’t change. -->NOK
If I switch the button to OFF dimming value is set to 0 --> OK
If I switch the button to ON dimming value is set to 100 --> OK

So I have started debug logging with following results:
17:30:42.724 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 5: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = BASIC, value = 56
17:31:25.908 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 5: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = BASIC, value = 42
17:31:31.420 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 5: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = BASIC, value = 32

So the button seems to work correct, cause dimming value has been changed.
please find complete logs here:

log_change_dimmer.xml (12.1 KB)

May I have to change my items?
Switch PSR04_Switch “Switch” (gZwave) {channel=“zwave:device:121a7888:node5:switch_dimmer”}
Dimmer PSR04_Dimm “Dimmer” (gZwave) {channel=“zwave:device:121a7888:node5:switch_dimmer”}

Thx
Martin

I’ve concluded this device is a bit rubbish:

• the beep is indeed annoying, as is the one second delay
  • the concept of functions changing as the device is rotated is confusing and counter-intuitive
  • the device seems to flash occasionally at random intervals (annoying when it’s in a bedroom)
  • the battery life is short

the Fibaro Button devices seem much better…

I can understand your decision. I also wouldn’t by this button again.
But maybe we can find a way to integrate it successfully into oh2 and write a little documentation for other users.
If the dimming value would work, it fulfills my requirements at the moment.
Nothing more and nothing less.

sure - I was just venting!

Hi @martschu and all, I have the same dimmer and I am also able to use it only as on/off switch.
I was wondering if you had any progress with the dimmer function.
Cheers

Hi!

Unfortunatelly not!
I’m using only the on/off function at the moment.

BR
Martin

Hi,
same here, only works as on/off. The strange thing is that I enabled debug and when I put the PSR in dimmer mode I can read all the discrete values from 0 to 100 whilst from the rest API it either takes 0 or 100.

I am quite new to openHAB and I don’t understand where is the missing connection. Is it a binding issue? A database issue? Or some parameter that we can configure at runtime?
May be @chris can clarify this.

Cheers

PSR04 is still not working as dimmer in OH2, it only works as on off. Might it be that in the below code “binding::OnOffType" has to be replaced with "binding::PercentType” ?

<channels>
      <channel id="switch_dimmer" typeId="switch_dimmer">
        <label>Dimmer</label>
        <properties>
          <property name="binding:*:OnOffType">BASIC</property>
        </properties>
      </channel>

As far as I understood I am not bale to do this change on my local installation but it has to be done centrally as the database in embedded in the binding.
Cheers