Philio PST-02A

PIR, yes. Reed sensor, no.
I have seen a couple of messages to trigger the sensor_door channel, but it’s pretty unreliable und not reproducible.

Is this an initialization problem (messages arrive and don’t trigger the channel) or does the sensor not send the message? If it is the latter: do you have the magnet properly aligned with the lower part of the sensor?

likely the latter as I used your XML and it shows the sensor_door channel
I tried all sorts of alignments, different magnets even.
It might be a HW problem - then again I even hear the ‘click’ when moving a magnet nearby and my 2nd device (not in use) exposes the same problem.

For me Paper UI was unable to change any of the configuration parameters for this sensor. I would edit the params, hit send, but nothing would change. No errors on the UI or in the logs, no effect.

I installed HABmin which ended up being able to change the values to the ones detailed above. They seem to work nicely.

To get around the one day wait time I would take the front cover off and press the tamper button ONCE after submitting the changes in HABmin. This wakes up the device and the config params can get sent through. (This same method did not work in Paper UI. Additionally HABmin has clearer feedback: it displays if the device is in REQUEST_NIF state, as well as pending configuration parameters.)

As this is the first (only?) thread that pops up for this device I wanted to share this information with any other users who might be struggling to get this sensor working.

Paper UI has been poorly supported for quite some time. HABmin would say the changes were Pending.

That would apply to most any battery operated device. It is well known here.

There is a section “Usage information” for this purpose in the database:

2 Likes

It is also in the official documentation on the openHAB site. It currently has old database links though.

@mstormi
After a battery change I was observing the same behavior as you did.
I removed the battery and inserted the battery again. Also I made sure that the tamper sensor was pressed properly. I hit the small button to keep it alive, did a heal and a reinitialisation and now it is working again.
I don’t know why it stopped reporting the contact in the first place, but it is working now again.