Philips Hue Hub & Bulbs going offline and online

I had the same problem. I had also a skill with hue and alexa at the same time. I deleted the skill and now all is fine :slight_smile:
It seems that:
there can only be one

hi,
the problem rised again, after I changed the hardware to RPi4.
So I looked deeper. I found, that the hue bridge is busy in the hue app even when openhab is down. So openhab is not the problem. Even when I deactivate the alexa skill the problem remains.
I delete one device of the bridge after the other and at least I found a device that works not probably. I then activate the alexa skill and openhab. All work fine :slight_smile:
Then I add all devices except the problematic one to the bridge. I had to add this devices to openhab again. All fine.
Even when I add the last device all is fine.
Conclusion: If this problem occurs, find the device what makes problems by deleting one device after the other in openhab and hue app and than add the devices again.
Thats what I want to share…

I had the same experience some time ago. I´d exchange the device (bulb) which often reported offline. Then the problem dissapeared. After a while the problem has returned again. So now I´m not sure if the device was actually faulty. It is quite annoying though.

I had this problem and for me it was related to mDNS repeater as I have several subnets and VLANs. I am using Ubiquiti USG and I had enabled the mDNS from the UI, which makes the Hue Bridge reboot every 5-10 minutes. After I implemented the workaround shown here the problem disappeared.

In my case, it was a slightly defect or from my pfSense unsupported WiFi card in an APU-based firewall.
After switching to a WiFi of a dedicated router this effect disappeared.