"ping" openHab during installation

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry 3B
    • OS: openhabian-pi-raspios64beta-v1.6.5; openhabian-pi-raspios32-v1.6.5
    • Java Runtime Environment: openhabian
    • openHAB version:
  • Issue of the topic: browsing http://openhabian:8080/ (same with localhost:8080/ or 192.168.1.11:8080)

I flashed both (with etcher) 64Bit (first) → even no SSH possible
than 32Bit → SSH possible but http not reachable.

I prefer the 64Bit, is that not finally supportet for every Pi?
Some tutorials say, that I can watch installation process via browser. Is that a wrong info?

As it says in the name, 64-bit support is beta. Raspberry Pi OS 64 itself is still in beta. openHABian is just some scripts on top of that so it won’t become a full release until the base OS reaches a full release.

Edit: I don’t meant to minimize what openHABian does and the effort that goes into maintaining it. It’s quite a lot of work and it does a lot. Just to make it clear that openHABian is a customization of RaspberryPi OS, not more.

I do know that openHABian takes some time to complete the setup. How long are you waiting before attempting to SSH or connect to openHAB?

Which tutorials say that? That has never been the case. Installation can be monitored if you plug in a monitor. If SSH is possible there is a log file you can tail. That’s it as far as I know.

I assume you have an issue with your local network, likely your DNS and/or DHCP server isn’t properly configured and the problem is with resolving the hostname you use to access (BTW localhost cannot work for obvious reasons).
Read and follow the troubleshooting section/debug guide.

No it is not. And no you certainly won’t want to waste memory on a 3B which only has 1GB.

Would you please take care to read the docs more carefully before proceeding and asking here, plus provide the minimum requested information right away when you do.
How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

Yes in fact you can watch the install process on the standard web service port (80),
or SSH login as soon as possible, that’ll “auto-tail” the logfile while install is in progress.
It’s in the openHABian installation docs.

Learn something new every day. :smiley: