Planning 1.8.1 and 2.0 beta2 releases

There are currently two open issues whereas Question: Are "Location" and "Call" official itemtype? · Issue #3104 · openhab/openhab1-addons · GitHub is “just” a question to be answered. So the only open issue is setpermission.sh missing some directories · Issue #3601 · openhab/openhab1-addons · GitHub which i hope @theo can help with.

So none of the other 40 issues that have been reported since the 1.8.0 release is critical enough to be fixed with 1.8.1?

There may be some of the 56 issues (created since 11.01.2016) but no more PRs has been contributed. I’ll go through the open list since there are some duplicated and some already fixed.

going to upload binaries until noon on monday …

Thanks, will this include a 1.9.0.b2, so that I can refer to this in the 2.0.0.b2 distro build?

Please consider PR #3948: OH2 changes to 118 OH 1.x bindings for 1.9.0.b2.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the PR fixing the netatmo binding in the coming 1.8.1 release.

That’s gorgeous, thank you so much for all your efforts!

1 Like

which one do you refer to @Lolodomo?

@lolodomo @teichsta , I don’t think the OH 1.8 branch was effected by the change that broke OH2 build 111.

i’d like to refuse from merging into 1.8 anyhow since both versions seem to diverge a lot meanwhile. Got many conflicts while trying to cherry-pick.

Sorry I was not aware that it exists now different branches for OH1 add-ons, for OH1 and for OH2.
What’s the.reason ?

This aspect is the same as before, where the maintenance release only gets needed fixes (on the 1.8 branch in this case), while new enhancements are only done on the master branch. There was a regression when adding Welcome camera support to the binding on the master branch, but the later PR fixed that.

1 Like

What about Fritzbox TR064 binding? It seems as if there are still issues with it?

If I correctly understand, OH 2 beta 2 will not include the same 1.x bindings as OH 1.8.1 ?
OH 2 will have more recent 1.x bindings?

Correct, just as if there had been an OH 1.9 and OH 1.8.1 release happening on the same day, that would also be true.

At some point, it would probably make sense to have a distribution-1.9-addons.zip for people to download, and maybe some apt-repo update so that apt-get update && apt-get upgrade would upgrade the 1.x addons on existing installs. These things might already be in the plan?

Please include PR #3943 in the coming version beta 2. If not, netatmo binding is just not working at all.

All other 1.x bindings tested are OK for me.

The major issue I have now in OH2 is with the RFXCOM binding 2.0.

has been merged!

Guys,

unfortunately the upload is of the maven release binaries isn’t working as expected. I’ve tried many different ways to mvn deploy to bintray to no avail. I will continue trying my best tomorrow morning and keep you posted about the progress!

I hope for your understanding, Thomas E.-E.

I have just finished uploading the 2.0 beta 2 distribution - you can find the files at https://bintray.com/openhab/mvn/openhab-distro/2.0.0.b2/view
Let’s briefly test, if they look ok and I will make them officially available tomorrow (together with 1.8.1), if all is fine.