"Please stand by while UIs are being installed. This can take several minutes." after Update

Hello,

I am using the debian online package as described in the wiki. After an update today (with apt-get upgrade) when starting openhab2 it only says Please stand by while UIs are being installed. This can take several minutes. for as long as I let it run.

I tried rebooting, restarting the service, and now I am out of ideas.

thanks

in /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log i have the following errors:

[CODE]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_111]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_111]
Caused by: shaded.org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab:com.caucho.quercus:jar:4.0.45
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:444)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveArtifact(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:294)
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:705)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]

12 more
2017-01-07 12:45:05.926 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-hue, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-binding-yahooweather, openhab-binding-amazondashbutton, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-ui-cometvisu-php, openhab-ui-cometvisu, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-misc-hueemulation, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-action-telegram, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-rfxcom, openhab-ui-paper’: Error

[/CODE]

Try to delete the file /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config and see if it works afterwards.
If the installation fails once (because your Internet connection might have been down), it does not automatically retry it currently.

1 Like

Same here.

Set the org.openhab to DEBUG, root to INFO, but no logging at all after startup and when initially open the GUI. Renamed all .config files in /var/lib/openhab2/config/ to .config.old. Restarted: no difference.

Config files changed:

• org_apache_felix_cm_impl_DynamicBindings.config
  • org/eclipse/smarthome/persistence.config (not recreated)
  • org/openhab/persistence/jdbc.config (not recreated)
  • org/eclipse/smarthome/storage/json (not recreated)
  • org/openhab/ui/habpanel.config (not recreated)
  • org/ops4j/pax/url/mvn.config
  • org/apache/felix/fileinstall/factory.config

Upgraded (again) to openhab2-offline_2.0.0~20170109034501_all.deb
[ Unpacking openhab2-offline (2.0.0~20170109034501) over (2.0.0~20170109034501) 
 ]

That made it work again.

I’m in the same situation, when I target my web browser it said: Please stand by

I have been waiting for it to install for 2 days. Please help

Im getting this too.

2017-01-19 19:16:31.651 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started dashboard at /start
2017-01-19 19:16:33.675 [WARN ] [url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver] - Error resolving artifact org.openhab.persistence:org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j:jar:1.9.0.RC1: [Could not find artifact org.openhab.persistence:org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j:jar:1.9.0.RC1]
java.io.IOException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab.persistence:org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j:jar:1.9.0.RC1: [Could not find artifact org.openhab.persistence:org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j:jar:1.9.0.RC1]
    at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:720)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
    at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:659)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
    at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:600)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
    at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:567)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadTask.download(MavenDownloadTask.java:36)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8]
    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.run(AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.java:60)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_112]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_112]
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_112]
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_112]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_112]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_112]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_112]
Caused by: shaded.org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab.persistence:org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j:jar:1.9.0.RC1
    at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:444)
    at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)
    at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)
    at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveArtifact(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:294)
    at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:705)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
    ... 12 more
2017-01-19 19:16:33.710 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-http1, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-homekit, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-ui-paper': Error

@bbrendon Maybe a temporary issue with your Internet connection? It should automatically retry the installation after a restart of openHAB.

That wasn’t it. I tried a few times. I finally ended up starting over. Luckily I didn’t do much configuration in the GUI so it wasn’t too hard.

Hello bbrendon,
did you solve the problem?
I have the same and would be interested in a solution.
I tried to delete the addons.config. Then clicked again standard 
 The same :confused:
Or can someone else help?

bUnZ

I dont know whats wrong but i cleared the cache “userdata/cache” and after that everything is fine. Seems that something hangs in my system about once in a month allways ending to the same. After openhab2 restart allways Pleas standby while
 and i have to reinstall all bindings and then its okay. not good for production.

same time my percistence data is not loggin it self. missing last days data and data is not going in but after cache clear everything is OK.

Mikko

1 Like

Just to inform everybody else with this Problem:
Deleting whole content of “/srv/openhab2-userdata/cache” did do the trick.

After waiting for 20 minutes, I clicked on “Reload this page” in Chrome and the “Welcome to openHab2” screen with the HABPANEL, BASIC UI AND PAPER UI appeared. It turned out I had to specify “No Proxy” in Firefox.

Hello,

I had the same issue

mark@mega-server:/usr/share/openhab2$ ls -lh /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 9.6M Nov 30 01:04 /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log

The file grew very large very quickly. It was complaining about a some item or sitemap configurations i had for snmp (old binding).

2017-11-30 01:01:32.873 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update 'ON' for item '3plug12' to handler for channel 'network:device:ebc7d3e0:online', because no thing with the UID 'network:device:ebc7d3e0' could be found.
2017-11-30 01:01:35.388 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update 'ON' for item '3plug12' to handler for channel 'network:device:ebc7d3e0:online', because no thing with the UID 'network:device:ebc7d3e0' could be found.
2017-11-30 01:01:36.315 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update 'ON' for item '3plug12' to handler for channel 'network:device:ebc7d3e0:online', because no thing with the UID 'network:device:ebc7d3e0' could be found.
2017-11-30 01:01:37.316 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update 'ON' for item '3plug12' to handler for channel 'network:device:ebc7d3e0:online', because no thing with the UID 'network:device:ebc7d3e0' could be found.
2017-11-30 01:01:38.317 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update 'ON' for item '3plug12' to handler for channel 'network:device:ebc7d3e0:online', because no thing with the UID 'network:device:ebc7d3e0' could be found.
2017-11-30 01:01:39.340 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update 'ON' for item '3plug12' to handler for channel 'network:device:ebc7d3e0:online', because no thing with the UID 'network:device:ebc7d3e0' could be found.