Possible Bug with latest Snapshot - UI's not loading

Hello guys,

when i try to install openhab2 with latetest snapshot everything seems to be fine, but after restarting the system i’m not able to choose a UI. Loading screen is running whole time… Openhab When cleaning the temp files, i’m able restart the openhab service and everything is fine till my next reboot.

It’s a fully clean installation and even an upgrade from latest stable release to snapshot didn’t solve the problem.

Any Ideas?

Best regards

I have also no ideas, but I am seeing the same behavior for quite a while now. I just made it part of my routine to delete the /var/lib/openhab2/tmp and /var/lib/openhab2/cache …I update weekly to the latest 2.2 snapshot …and I have observed this behavior for months now … could not make rhyme or reason of this so far as it seems to hang at various points according to the log files…but never invested the time to research this further or look at debug-level logs…

Thank you for your fast answer.
Even when you didn’t find a real solution to solve this, i’m happy to hear, it’s not my personal fault.

Are you using the kar file for offline bindings ? It is no more possible until a fix is found.

Yeah thats true.
I’m using the offline package ( sudo apt-get install openhab2-addons ).

By removing this offline package, i’m able to use openhab again?

Since the upgrade to the new karaf version and until the problem is fixed, you have to use the online distribution for bindings, that is deleting the kar file from your addons folder and enable the “access remote repository” setting.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your information and your workaround.
I’m not sure, which way to take. Using 2.1 or 2.2 with this workaround.