Possible GE Appliance Binding

Just wondering about how to create a binding for my GE laundry appliances. There’s an SDK Here but I’m very new to coding. Any suggestions on where to start would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

+1, I have a GE washer and dryer that are connected. Would be awesome to having a GE binding.

FYI - I have repurposed code for GE Appliances from:

I modified their module meant for Home Assistance to update OpenHab Items via the REST API … obviously the right way to do this is with a binding (or possibly MQTT), and I would like to do that, but have not yet learned how to write a binding.

The python code I have is obviously preliminary (read a hack) but it allows you to define Items that are Strings which are then populated by python code running on a Raspberry.

Currently I am monitoring the following for the Washer and the Dryer

Laundry_Door
Laundry_Cycle
Laundry_Time_Remaining
Laundry_Machine_State

But it can be easily modified for other attributes that you are interested in.

If there is someone that wants to help giving me guidance on writing a Binding, I think what I have so far could certainly be adapted.

The github folks have been actively updating the GE code for a variety of appliances - I currently only have the Washer and Dryer but the code can handle many other GE Appliances.

1 Like